• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 05:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 736
Total: 736

I surprised the wife

Started by Jdmcfast, July 14, 2013, 07:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

With a new (to us) vehicle this weekend. We are leaving to drive from Kansas to New Jersey this Friday with 4 kids in tow. Since the AC went out and we are in the middle of a battle with insurance over hail damage on our Yukon XL I figured it was time to get a newer vehicle we can all fit in.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Josh

ilroost

Congrats Josh. Bet she was happy

Mugwump

Sounds like an adventure...have fun and travel safe...oh, shoot us updates of all the sights....you'll likely go right by Me and Dennis.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on July 14, 2013, 08:04:36 PM
Sounds like an adventure...have fun and travel safe...oh, shoot us updates of all the sights....you'll likely go right by Me and Dennis.....
Actually my wife mentioned that today lol. She asked if anybody on my forums would be in the way that might let us stop by and tour their fishroom. I don't know off the top of my head who that would be but anybody willing give me a shout and we will see if we can make it work. BTW we made this same trip last June and it was....let's just say interesting to say the least lol

Josh

Mugwump

Just Google map Dekalb, Illinois to see if it's close to your route.....coffee's always on here...shoot, we'll even try to get Scott to play hookie and be here......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

That sounds fun. If It can work out I would like that.
Scott

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on July 14, 2013, 08:16:29 PM
Just Google map Dekalb, Illinois to see if it's close to your route.....coffee's always on here...shoot, we'll even try to get Scott to play hookie and be here......
Sounds good it's a little out off or way but my wife has a friend in the Chicago area too so we are gonna try to stay the night there either on the way there or more likely on the way home:D
Frank is also in that area isn't he? Anyone else?

Josh

BallAquatics

Hey Josh, I wish I was able to welcome guests, but with my wife's failing health it's just not possible at this time.  Sorry.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on July 15, 2013, 08:59:01 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 14, 2013, 08:16:29 PM
Sounds good it's a little out off or way but my wife has a friend in the Chicago area too so we are gonna try to stay the night there either on the way there or more likely on the way home:D
Frank is also in that area isn't he? Anyone else?

Yes, he is.....north side of Chicago....
Jon

P4Angels2

I have to pipe up here....We made a special trip to meet Jon and Jan thinking oh we will be there for just a few minutes well those few minutes turned in to the few hours that were so awesome!!! and yep coffee is always on!!!

Jdmcfast

Quote from: P4Angels2 on July 15, 2013, 06:19:49 PM
I have to pipe up here....We made a special trip to meet Jon and Jan thinking oh we will be there for just a few minutes well those few minutes turned in to the few hours that were so awesome!!! and yep coffee is always on!!!
Yes I have learned that i always spotted more time in fish rooms than I plan whether it's mine or someone else's lol

Josh

Mugwump

And Capt'n Bob's up just across the Wisconsin border....who else am I forgetting????
Jon

Jdmcfast

We are about an hour from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania now, another six hours or so and we should be at our New Jersey destination! It looks like we will be through the Chicago area next Monday, actually late Sunday nite/Monday morning. Jon do you have any recommendations on a place to stay that close to your part of the neighborhood? And does that work for you guys? Scott?

Josh

ilroost

Dang Josh, if i wasn't leaving for Freemont Nebraska monday morning i would drive up there to meet you as well

Jdmcfast

Quote from: ilroost on July 20, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
Dang Josh, if i wasn't leaving for Freemont Nebraska monday morning i would drive up there to meet you as well
Well dang that sucks! :-(
Just to be clear for everyone I am talking about Monday July 29th

Josh