• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 06:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 524
Total: 524

I had a really crappy Milwaukee swap

Started by sschind, April 08, 2013, 11:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

Well the swap wasn't too bad but the guy who bought my 6 clownfish paid with a phony $50.00.  I've done business with him before and I see him at all the Milwaukee swaps and it is possible he didn't know it was phony ::)  I'd know the guy if I saw him again but I don't know his name.  I don't want to get into a description of the guy here because I do not want to be accused of any sort of profiling or anything like that but if anyone was there and thinks they may be able to help me find the guy I would appreciate a heads up via Email.  I know he keeps pestering me for venustus so that may help.

Please do not post any information on this site, I think my email is posted in the information section.   Jon if you don't think this is appropriate feel free to delete it.

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

That sucks, Steve,,,but crap happens, I hope it gets resolved for you...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Thanks Jon, it could have been worse and at least I got ice cream out of Bob over and above the usual Chipotle's dinner.  I"m sure I'll see the guy again at the next swap but that won't be until the fall.  I'm not sure if I've seen him at the GCCA swaps or not but the way he talks he is into the fish big time so it wouldn't surprise me if he does attend.  Even if he is though I'm not going to be able to do anything, it would be his word against mine.  I'll just let him know that I am onto him and try to spread the word.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

LizStreithorst

I'm sure he didn't know.  Passing counterfeit knowingly is a federal offence.  Buy one of those pens that they check bills with at the stores and it won't happen to you again.  When the guy gets back in touch with you to buy again tell him what happened.  If he's an honest guy he should be willing to split the difference with you.  IMO that's all you can ask since somebody passed him the phony bill, and he'll be out money because of it as well.

I need to follow my own advice on the currency checking pen.  Almost half my business is transacted in cash.  I'm lucky.  I haven't been screwed yet, but it will happen.  If counterfit weren't around everywhere, the stores wouldn't be checking the bills.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Frank The Plumber

I did a job for 2 grand once and got 20 100's. All fake. Could do nothing about it. The Guy said "you took them" "What did you do with the good ones?."Get off my porch"
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 08, 2013, 03:24:07 PM
I did a job for 2 grand once and got 20 100's. All fake. Could do nothing about it. The Guy said "you took them" "What did you do with the good ones?."Get off my porch"

Well that must have been a nice kick in the head.  Don't suppose you were able to find a way to get back at the low life(?).  Did you buy the pen after that?

greydragon

i almost got caught once the counterfit pen said it was real but didnt have the correct hologram or magnetic stip .  the person had bleached a five dollar bill and printed a twenty on it  those pens can only tell if it is the right type of paper

sschind

I got one of the pens for the store but its easier to look for the thread.  That is something they can't fake.  I tried to check this one but it was dark in the room and I just let my guard down.  The pen would have helped.  A far as him not knowing, you are may be right since he is such a visible attendee at all the swaps.  I'll probably run into him at the GCCA swap next week (this seals it Bob, I'm going, pick me up) and yeah, if he is decent he'll spring for half but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully I'll have the letter from the bank by then to give him as proof.  The thing that ticks me off almost as much as getting the bill is how the bank was about it.  This is fake, you will have to initial here as knowledge that we are confiscating the bill.  No paperwork no forms no nothing.  I finally got them to agree to send me a copy of the form they have to send in to the feds.  The teller did say she was sorry at least.

Frank, that really sucks but thanks, you made me feel a bit better ;)
Steve Schindler

HB

b125killer

That suck, I hope that the guy didn't know. the swaps would be a good spot to pass off counterfeits There's so much going. I know that I would want to make it right if I mistakenly gave out bad money. It's a shame the banks or government don't do something for the people that get scammed by it.     
Scott

Frank The Plumber

Hey at least all they did is take it. When you hand them 20 of them you have to sit in a dark room with a bright light on your face for 22 hours with a 6 foot 7 inch tall lady named Ms. Himm, with bowling pins for calves and a man stache shadow under her forth chin. I was more angered by meeting the first lady I absolutely would under no circumstances ever ever ewwww ever at the tender age of 19 than I was about losing the bills. I really did not like the way her voice kept getting so deep and gravely when she called me honey. Jeez, I just had a case of the chivers. uuuughhhhh ggghhhh.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

You poor, dear, sweet soul.

Honestly Frank.  You should consider doing some writing as a hobby.  You're quite good.

PaulineMi

Liz he's done that on the Angel forum.  Honest.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

sschind

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on April 09, 2013, 05:18:04 PM
Hey at least all they did is take it. When you hand them 20 of them you have to sit in a dark room with a bright light on your face for 22 hours with a 6 foot 7 inch tall lady named Ms. Himm, with bowling pins for calves and a man stache shadow under her forth chin. I was more angered by meeting the first lady I absolutely would under no circumstances ever ever ewwww ever at the tender age of 19 than I was about losing the bills. I really did not like the way her voice kept getting so deep and gravely when she called me honey. Jeez, I just had a case of the chivers. uuuughhhhh ggghhhh.

Yeah, I can imagine a wad of $100.00s is going to pique their interest a bit more than a single $50.00. 
Steve Schindler

HB

LizStreithorst

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 09, 2013, 08:35:28 PM
Liz he's done that on the Angel forum.  Honest.  Lol.

What is the name of the forum, Pauline?  I'm not an Angel nut, as you know, but he tickles my funny bone.