• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 766
Total: 767

Wigglers and vines

Started by Mugwump, February 02, 2016, 06:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Not bad..a few whities on the zebra spawn...I'm not seeing any yet on the redder Koi spawn.....this day 3...I'll poof the last wigglers off the slate later this afternoon...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..blasted them off the slates tonight....and removed the slates and added small side mount sponges to each tank....75% water changes to both tanks too...all's well so far..... |^| w!w |^|..yuppers......
Jon

Mugwump

...sure hope my brine shrimp eggs get here soon....almost out,,,,yikes!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon

Mugwump

Good news, the bbs eggs will be here this morn'n.... |^|

..the fry are starting to pop around now, so won't be long... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

whew.....the bbs eggs just arrived...........and my 15X12X12 priority boxes ...the same as reg 'C'...but without the red 'C'.... huh huh huh huh huh huh huh
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2016, 11:30:58 AM
whew.....the bbs eggs just arrived...........and my 15X12X12 priority boxes ...the same as reg 'C'...but without the red 'C'.... huh huh huh huh huh huh huh

I got my boxes on Saturday. Don't know when I'll use them again at those current rates. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 04, 2016, 11:38:07 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2016, 11:30:58 AM

I got my boxes on Saturday. Don't know when I'll use them again at those current rates. huh

They say they're cheaper rates on third party sites....
Jon

Mugwump

The Zebra spawn is looking good...the Koi spawn is very lacking, he must not have got them fertilized very well....we'll see how many I can get going...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 05, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
the Koi spawn is very lacking, he must not have got them fertilized very well....we'll see how many I can get going...

Sounds like my Koi male. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 05, 2016, 08:57:17 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 05, 2016, 07:53:31 AM
the Koi spawn is very lacking, he must not have got them fertilized very well....we'll see how many I can get going...

Sounds like my Koi male. huh

...to be fair, during their pairing time she has been pretty rough on him, particularly one eye that she pokes at when they are jousting pre-spawn....I have another 'bruiser' that she won't aggravate as well...LOL.....I'll try him with a gentler partner..........
Jon

Mugwump

Zebras are popping big time now...a whole bunch are sponge hanging too.....the Koi might have a few more than I thought... huh

...both tanks have been tidied up and had nice big water changes too..... 8)
Jon