• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Saturday ??

Started by Mugwump, November 11, 2017, 03:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...back from the swap...........miss me  huh  LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..we're just chill'n...... |^|

..we were up pretty early, might just make it an early night....I need milk and cookies first tho... |^|.....try'n to make at least 7 tho....we'll see... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've kept to busy to have missed you.  I was all set up for a huge sponge squeezeing session.  I had emptied my 190 container of fish (put them into normal tanks) and filled the container with water.  Also filled a 60 gallon barrel.  I squeezed every sponge in the fish room.  It took a couple of hours and I had to fill the 60 gallon container with fresh water 3 times!  Then I did wipe downs on all but a couple of tanks that didn't really need it.  I'll do them tomorrow.

Two people have emailed me asking if I'm going to re-list the half blacks.  I should have done it when the last auction went un-purchased, but I didn't.  Now they're too big for a large flat rate box so if they want them they'll have to suffer the high cost of shipping.  I won't go up on the price of the fish, though.  They're half dollar body size now.  Why they didn't buy them as nickles when shipping was just $20. is beyond me.  Did they think that they would end up paying less if they waited longer huh

I decided to do a clean up on my 3 tanks of Discus.  They're not showing symptoms but Discus are parasite pits so it's a good idea to do a treatment for flagellates, flukes, and worms once in a while just for the hell of it.  The hex treatment is the biggest PITA becuase you have to do it for 12 to 14 days.  Flukes just take a 4 hour PP treatment, and the worming takes a day, but needs to be repeated at least once two weeks later or better, 3 times at weekly intervals.  I can't believe that I used to just take what they require as a normal thing.  The fish aren't worth all that regardless of how beautiful they are.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'm due for sponges squeezing too......perhaps in the morning?....might due some extra water changes also..... huh...
Jon