• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 763
Total: 763

Sword mother plant....

Started by Mugwump, April 23, 2013, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We took a couple plants off this and Jan managed to turn the other runners around to allow more light to get through....it seems to be settling in very well..... ;D..look at all the long roots on those runners.....zounds !!!

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

WOW, that is a nice one! Is that the one you got at the swap?

Mugwump

Yes, it is....a $25 keeper....very lush....we're pleased, and may get another...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Gorgeous plant.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Biggest I have ever seen Jon.  Do I see multiple plants all in the center, from the same mother?  Could they be separated or would that damage too many leaves?
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on April 24, 2013, 06:32:09 PM
Biggest I have ever seen Jon.  Do I see multiple plants all in the center, from the same mother?  Could they be separated or would that damage too many leaves?
Barb

It's all one plant, Barb....we've learned the hard way about trying to split sword plants...LOL..we had a sword colony that went glass to glass in a 60 breeder...think hostas...had a big die off after thinning and moving,etc...took forever for them to come back a little...this one has dozens and dozens of runner plants, and starting to sprout more... ;D..it stays put even if I have to remove the top and hang lights from the ceiling..... ;D..besides, Mr. & Mrs. BN love it now...
Jon

b125killer

Your plant looks alot bigger in person. I didn't realize what tank you had it in.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on April 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PM
Your plant looks alot bigger in person. I didn't realize what tank you had it in.

LOL..yep, 'mama's' a big girl isn'y she  ??...... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

cool....looks like the first plantings off the runner are taking root.....
Jon

b125killer

That's good the hear. Will that plant flower? I was thinking that they do but can't remember. 
Scott

Mugwump

I think this type does...I'll have to look it up somewhere....
Jon