• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 24, 2024, 02:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,366
  • Total Topics: 18,547
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

Time for Thursday

Started by Barb, June 15, 2023, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  Today is sunny and humid, may get some rain later on, sure hope so.  I have a man outside pressure washing my house right now, lots of algae and dirt to remove, my house is all vinyl, at least it is easy to clean.  He told me it will take him 4 hrs to do the job, also my shed.

My arm is getting better because I am really taking it easy with it.  I will continue to do so.  My cat is holding her own, drinking and eating, but sleeping about 23 1/2 hrs a day.  She seems comfortable. 

Liz hope the storm passing by your area does no damage.  Pretty new fish you have! Willie, glad you are also downsizing your fishroom tanks.  How is your turtle?  Glad Kobe is hanging in there, with your excellent care.

Ron sounds like a great short trip, but too bad about the poor hotel housekeeping.  I once found woman's underware next to the bed when I checked into a hotel! On a funny note, years ago Bill and I checked into a hotel.  While he was adjusting the lamp next to the bed, he saw money sticking out from the base of it.  Upon lifting up the lamp, there were 4 new $20 bills!  Of course we kept it, and had fun imagining how and why it was there.  Haha.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb.  There is a product you should look into called Wet It And Forget It  I heard about it on my public radio's fix it program.  It comes with a sprayer on the gallon jug.  You just attach it to the hose and spray it on the house, your deck, your fences, whatever spray away.  The results are not immediate but after a few days you drive in to the carport and notice that all the siding is clean and beautiful.  It's a lot easier on the vinyl itself and easier than power washing yourself and way less expensive than hiring someone to pressure clean.

My sugar daddy said he has a line on 12 long finned electric blue rams.  He wants to keep 6 for himself and send the other 6 to me.  He like to keep fish, but has never had good success breeding.  For me the breeding and raising of fry is what I love, so this will be good for both of us.

My pair of Apistogramma Agassizii Fire Red  are going to arrive today.  I do have to be out for a while though.  I need to fish 20 Dutch Blues to my sugar daddy.  After that I'll be home all day.  I need to put on a pot of red beans with Cajun spicy sausage, cut up my 10 lb bag of chicken leg quarters and stick them in the freezer.  These 10 lb bags are a real bargain.  $7 of dark meat chicken for 10lbs.  It's worth the extra effort to break them down and freeze them for later.

Hey, guess how much I got for my Peamite full of beer cans?  I was surprised.  $25!  I kept looking unsuccessfully for a poor person who collected cans and could find nobody.  But I hated sending something to the land fill that could be recycled.  I'm glad I did.  I even splurged and bought myself lunch at the Mexican tienda.  Imagine...$6 for 3 delicious over stuffed tacos al pastor.

I feel like being lazy today, but I have stuff to do so I'd better get going.

Barb, keep taking care of that arm.  Willie, keep taking care of Kobi.  Ron, keep taking care of your multitude of projects.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi gang!...

It's been a good day...two ppl came by...one got plants and the other got the 2 platinum angels I've had for awhile in my catch-all 125g...I'm starting to move out some of the "miscellaneous" fish that ppl have brought me from time to time...the rest of the day I putzed in there, cleaning up a couple tanks and labeling them with the fish in them...Lucy is rearranging her craft room...so far it's been a 2 day job!...with more to come :D

I'm happy your arm is doing well, Barb...I hope when it heals completely you have no problems with it...

Wish I had a sugar mama like your sugar daddy, Liz...you do so well breading fish... but I do have return customers that are referring me a lot...in fact, while we sneaked off to Tucson for 2 days, I had 3 ppl contact me about coming over while I was gone!...

Have a great evening,friends!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron