• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:44:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

I was afraid I was making a mistake.

Started by LizStreithorst, November 16, 2016, 09:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I got home from work before 2 PM.  I was dragging ass.  There was no reason that it should have been dragging.  I decided to drink a cup of coffee.  It took a while for it to kick in but now I'm afraid I'll be awake all night.  I keep drinking beer to counteract it but I'm just drunk and awake.  Not what I would have preferred.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 16, 2016, 09:05:43 PM
I got home from work before 2 PM.  I was dragging ass.  There was no reason that it should have been dragging.  I decided to drink a cup of coffee.  It took a while for it to kick in but now I'm afraid I'll be awake all night.  I keep drinking beer to counteract it but I'm just drunk and awake.  Not what I would have preferred.

I take it that you finally got to sleep?..... we keep some Benadryl around for those nights...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's the main reason I resist taking a nap in the afternoon.....  then I can't get to sleep.  I like to go until I drop and it takes me about 2 seconds to go to sleep when I finally lay down.

Dennis

wallace

Early afternoon is about the latest I can drink a cup of coffee. I'm guaranteed to be awake for 8 hours afterwards.

The way our brains react to coffee and other uppers is an interesting subject. Hyperactive people calm down internally and those with brains having a stimulus amplifier ('high-gainers') are the opposite, they get uncomfortable. All of us fall somewhere on a continuum from true ADHD at one end to schizophrenia at the other extreme.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I wasn't always sensitive to caffeine.  I used to make a huge breve (I had an espresso machine) that I would drink after milking the herd while I was on my way to work.  I'd slug down Diet Cokes at work all day.  I'd come home and have a cup of coffee with hubby, then take a nap before evening milking.  Sometimes I'd have another cup before joking, "I think I'll have a cup of coffee so I can sleep".  My head would hit the pillow and I'd be out until the next morning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

Whenever i'm like that, I just start reading. Laying in bed reading is like taking a sleeping pill for me

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on November 19, 2016, 07:43:43 PM
Whenever i'm like that, I just start reading. Laying in bed reading is like taking a sleeping pill for me

Yup....I read most every night before dropping off.....and it also, for me, clears your head out of 'things's
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson