• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:43:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

GSAS home show, mini auction and other LFS buys

Started by P4Angels, February 13, 2013, 08:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

So I went to the home show presentation last night. The  Home show is like having 150 of your closest friends over to look at your tanks.  With out them all being there.  A group of judges make the 2 day trip around the area and film it and is shown to all members.  Alot of well kept tanks shown by all.  Lori and I did it last year and where award with best fish room.    Here was are room almost 2 years ago:

Lori is already chomping at the bit to do it again next year.  Shhh so am I....

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

P4Angels

I took Ron 15 of my 2nd favorite and the smallest cichlids - Neolamporlogus Multifasciatus (Multies shellies) another member Jess traded a group 10+ albino BN's for 10 + standard Brown BN's

For the auction I took 5 Neolamporlogus Multifasciatus (Multies shellies), Golden Wonder Killifish 1M 1F, Pineapple swordtail -1m 2f 4 fry and 2 bags of Alder Cones (50 count) each.

I returned home with:

Aphyosemion australe 'chocolate' breeding group 2M 2 F and a spawning MOP. (I got home and had 25 eggs on the MOP)

2 pairs of Fundulopanchax scheeli Killies,

5 Adult XL Laser Corys ($18.00)

10 Showa Swordtail 2M 8F group

Rotala macrandra

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

P4Angels

So today Lori wanted to get out of the house and we ended up at 2 of you favorite store (we have credit with) and brought home.

10 red-tail White clouds - Placed in with the Apisto's to keep them from beating each outer up.

10 Corydora Habrosus

9 Blue berry shrimp

6 Apisto Nijsseni

PaulineMi

All of the above are really nice.  The home show is an interesting concept. It makes sense and looks like it would be fun.

Each of the fish you posted are good looking and the photos are great. The Apistogramma nijsseni is one that's new to me. Gonna go Google that little fella.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Good deal, there, you'll like the Habrosus....neat little critters...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

Congrats you guys! I hope if you try that show again that you do well!  Cool finds with the fish too. I have to agree with Pauline on that apisto..I've never seen or heard of that one, but it is very cool! Luvin those laser cories!  Others I have seen only show a little of that red laser part over their back a little. These are so vibrantly colored! Very nice!
It's so nice that you two enjoy this hobby together like that. I have heard so many couples complain about the other's interest. I guess that makes such a big difference when you can both enjoy the same things together like this, huh!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY YOU TWO!

BillT

Nice looking fish.

I especially like the swordtails. Blotchy pigmentation patterns intrigue me.

P4Angels

hope to have a few spawns of all of these in the next couple months.   This year Im going to do some shipping (hint jon) so if you are intrested in anything let me know.

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on February 14, 2013, 11:29:53 PM
hope to have a few spawns of all of these in the next couple months.   This year Im going to do some shipping (hint jon) so if you are intrested in anything let me know.

Shipping???...What is this thing, shipping?....... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson