• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 05:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

A few Fry keepers...

Started by Mugwump, March 25, 2015, 09:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Here's a vid of some of the keepers from the PB Blue marble spawn, and a few Plats from the their last spawn.....Lost mama Plat to egg bloat after that......she was a fine breeder that I'd got from Willie......I tried a tripod this time.....a little better ???.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Them thare's a good lookin' buncha fish, Mugs!
Does that cory have a longer than normal caudal fin?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 25, 2015, 10:11:41 AM
Them thare's a good lookin' buncha fish, Mugs!
Does that cory have a longer than normal caudal fin?

Yes, those cory's are off our LF pod....some have very long caudal fins....mostly females for some reason?....

I tried to get the rest of the blue marbles to move by the camera angle, but they were merrily swimming around at the ends of the tank....camera shy???? 
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wanted to watch them on my large screan on Old Faithful at home rather than the tiny screan on the laptop at work.  Alas, Old Faithful often can't handle youtube.  I'll get a new faithful this weekend and life will be good.  I'm sure that they're beautiful fish and can't wait to see them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Very nice group of youngsters.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 25, 2015, 05:27:16 PM
Very nice group of youngsters.

Thanks folks, they're coloring up a bit more each day in that big tank....now maybe if I get another  camera, and learn how to use it well....I can get some decent pics for a change...??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 25, 2015, 09:45:38 AM
Here's a vid of some of the keepers from the PB Blue marble spawn, and a few Plats from the their last spawn.....Lost mama Plat to egg bloat after that......she was a fine breeder that I'd got from Willie......I tried a tripod this time.....a little better ???.....

They look great Jon. sorry you lost mama Plat. :( I agree she was a very good breeder.  Hopefully she left behind some offspring with potential. ;D

I have her sister that I may breed with one of Liz's males. I also have some half dollar sized ones that I an saving for the future. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I'm glad that you're continuing the plat line...some gorgeous angels come from it... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

...I was just down watching the fry that we had moved......they have grown already....all fully fanned out, fat little bellies and cavorting around their much bigger new home.....I'm lov'n it....even the colors have gotten richer..... ;D
Jon