• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 590
Total: 590

Sleepy Sunday

Started by BallAquatics, February 27, 2022, 08:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Looks like winter might be over in my neck of the woods.  No more day time temps below freezing.  Starting today temps climb all week with temps in the mid 60's by next weekend!

Going to start more seeds today, I'm quickly approaching 8 weeks until the last frost date.  Used to be May 15, but with climate change, we are up to May 1st.

Have a lovely day folks!

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis and everyone. It looks like we are getting ready to go into a warmer air mode here too. After a cool down tomorrow (41F) there are no days below 50 degrees in the ten day forecast. In fact we have a couple of days in the high 60s to low 70s later on in the forecast.

I'm playing around in the fishroom at the moment. I am moving some Otos into the guppy tank so I am acclimating them to the guppy water before I make the move. These guys are healthy as I've had them for over 6 months. They've been getting a free ride so now they get to eat some algae for a living. I am not moving all of them just yet but I will if these guys do well.

Barb hopefully you all are doing better and I hope everyone is well. Have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Sleepy Sunday is right!!!...I slept till 9:55 his morning...!  Sunny and warm at a high of 70 today...

We partied at one of our friends' new home last night...met more new-to-us neighbors in the 'hood...

I've got quite a bit of fishrooming to do today...I pulled out a lot of floaters I want out of the 125 yesterday, but still have more to do...and I need to separate about 7 different cultivars of Buce that I got in...also WCs...

Instead of sitting here on my tush, I should get my day started...happy day to y'all!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi gents.  It's more like a normal Spring day today.  We had summer weather last week.  My poor blueberries are in bloom and it's a whole month until the average last freeze date.  Fruits always get fooled by a false Spring.  I've only seen the oaks fooled once.  None are starting to leaf out

I spoke to Barb.  She'll be fine soon.  She just hurts right now.

I have all my chores done so far.  All I have left is feeding Charlotte dinner and giving Tink her night time meds.

Tomorrow I have at least one box of fish to ship, maybe two.  The boxes are all ready so all I have to do later is make bags and open up a couple of heat packs.  I find it depressing that doing so little wears me out so much.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everybody, I am better today.  But Winter has returned and it is so cold. Friday was 80!  Yesterday and today, cold, gray and raining today.  But I do see lots of my shrubs and small trees getting new leaf buds. Just hope they don't freeze.  That can sure happen.  It did last year.  Then it takes extra time to make new ones and in my opinion the second batch is never as plentiful as the first.

I have slacked on wc's so now I am going to get to it.  Ron, what is Buce?  Never heard of it.  I will get the moss off to you soon and let you know when I send it.  My best plant right now is a huge (for me with my hard water) Amazon Sword in a pot in my Discus tank.   I have soil under gravel and every few weeks I shove some fertilizer sticks into the pot.  The pot is 6" diameter and I use 3 sticks.  they are Jobe's houseplant fert.
Have a good day,
Barb