• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

The age of Hubble...

Started by Mugwump, December 25, 2014, 08:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

What we know about ourselves as humans in time and space, the origins of our planet, and the origins of what may or may not turn out to be habitable solar systems forming here and now is largely based on information gathered by a fleet of highly technical telescopes, including the Hubble, which first started gathering data in 1990.

While the planet Earth as a single data point can seem either limiting or vast depending on your view point, the amount of what we know based on the Hubble and other technologies associated with it is astounding, and much more impressive than one might imagine. The Age of Hubble takes a look at these things using traditional science narrative and tone along with beautiful images captured from The Hubble telescope itself.

While much of the information we've gained through studying the stars ultimately leads up to more questions, The Age of Hubble is able to accurately convey what information we've gained since we began watching the stars in 1990 via Hubble, and how we ended up on the right track with our line of questioning. Dust and water, we now know, can be found just about everywhere throughout space, but does this mean it's inevitable that life will spring in the presence of the two?

Science, and as result modern man, may still have a way to go in the discovery of how the metaphorical start button is pressed and creation is begun, but we do have visual simulations of the forming of a solar system, based on information gathered by the Hubble, which is anchored in Space, as well as NASA's other telescopes. We can see the process step by step, as new compounds merge and spread and the conditions for a complete solar system allow what could be the next habitable planet in our galaxy to flourish.

A name based on a seemingly random, but actually categorical grouping of numbers and letters probably won't be the first thing you think of when you look up at the next gleaming, bright star you see, but after watching this documentary a new awareness of all we know and all we haven't yet conceived of when it comes to our own solar system, as well as the rest of the stars and cosmic dust around us is likely to resonate with you.

Watch the full documentary now............ ;D

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/age-hubble/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know that my internet connection won't let me watch it :(  I followed the Hubble.  The scientists told us that it would open new worlds to us.  Then it turned out that the mirror was made wrong because some idiot forgot to convert inches to centimeters.  I thought that all was lost, but we sent up real human beings to fix it from outter space.  It actually worked! Can you believe it?

Then we started to see the pictures it sent back.  It blew me away to see the strange and wonderful things that actually exist in nature.

My connection at work is better.  I'll watch the documentry there tommorow after work.
Always move forward. Never look back.