• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 798
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

Trip to Wet Spot

Started by Ron Sower, March 20, 2015, 10:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Well, I think I'd mentioned in another post the other day that one of my GSAS pals was going to Portland yesterday to buy a TV because there is no sales tax there (If i didn't, I'm mentioning it now! :o) I'd volunteered to do the 6 hour round trip with him to keep him company and help load all the fish and stuff he would be getting into his car from the Wet Spot. Of course he hadn't mentioned WS in his texts...but I knew!  No one with an aquarium from here goes to Portland without a stop at the WS. It's a huge freshwater-only fish store with a huge selection of fish and plants. I believe one owner-brother operates the retail store and the other operates their importing and wholesaling business. That's what I've heard, anyway.

So, yes! He was planning to go there on the way back.

We left about 10AM from my home, went to Costco, got the 65'' curved screen tv, ate a sandwich there, and headed to WS. This was my 3rd time there and I was still like a kid in a candy shop... ;D One hour and forty-five minutes later we left and I still wanted to stay! He had 3 small items. I had a 7.2 lb. bag of Exotic Holey Green Rock (some kind of calcareous lacy stuff), 4 bags of fish (8 male guppies for Miss Lucy's tank, a pair of WILD Laetacara araguaiae, a pair of Stiphodon purpureus, 2 bunches of Bacopa caroliniana, 1 bunch of Potamageton Gayi, a small bag of plant anchors, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree! (just kidding bout the partridge, but I did get a small piece of gnarly root wood to 'scape one of my 5gs with). I sure am glad I was there to help him carry his stuff out! ;) What would he have done without me!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Today will be another real estate work day. I have to pay for my sins somehow.  But tomorrow I will be trimming plants, netting fish, printing registration forms and packing up for the Northwest Aquarium Swap Meet on Sunday.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

And here I thought you were going to say you came home with a dozen different types of Pelvicachromis.
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=4819.msg40194#msg40194    Steve usually has one of the best selections of these available.

Dennis

Mugwump

'roadies' are neat......good to hear that you had a great time...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 20, 2015, 10:15:15 AM
And here I thought you were going to say you came home with a dozen different types of Pelvicachromis.
http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com//index.php?topic=4819.msg40194#msg40194    Steve usually has one of the best selections of these available.

Dennis
I wanted a male. Mine jumped to his death after the hatching. But all they had were 2 or 3 immature and I didn't want that.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron