• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

Friday...nice

Started by Mugwump, January 24, 2014, 05:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....cold's still around and snows being forecast again...but who cares?..coffee's good ;D.....taking one of our granddaughters (Page) to school this morning ;D She's in pre-school....L'l Pagie's a cutie  ;D Jan's playing 'hookie' today...so it'll be fun...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

So far so good.  no snow cleanup this morning.  I guess it's frozen in place. ;D  Will be ready for later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

We just got back home from picking up L'l Pagie, and stopping by Schnuck's for some groceries..if you do not have to go out......don't...the wind is fierce out this way, knocking the temp's even further below zero.....it bites, big time.....but coffee's good now ;D
Jon

Mugwump

...blowing up big time,,,snow, winds, cold.....peachie, can't see up the street...white outs, and we're in town!!!.....
Jon

Ron Sower

Here I am at the end of my Friday.. No snow, no wind, no blizzard here in the northwest. Yep, coffee was good! I didn't win at bingo tonight, BUT.....

....I met our club president today and went with her to visit 2 of our sponsor stores in this area.  It was a fun time for a couple hours.  We visited the owners/managers of the shops and talked about the hobby, what's going on in their world and let them know we're working to get them more exposure to our members.

And, of course, we had to examine all the tanks in the shop! I found 2 fish labeled as Corydoras metae, but looked a lot like my single C. loxozonus. So I bought them and am researching both species, and think they are actually loxozonus!  If so, I now have a trio...! if I'm really lucky I'll have at least a pair. They'll just have to grow out a little more and see if any spawning starts.

We also went to a 3rd store that isn't a sponsor.  It's been a while since I've been in there and what a change it's been through since then. It has really been upgraded. So we took a few minutes to check out all the fish and set up for me to visit him next week to discuss becoming a sponsor store.

It was a good day!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron