• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:05:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 681
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 675
Total: 675

No trip into Seattle for the GSAS meeting tonight...

Started by Ron Sower, June 14, 2016, 09:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I just couldn't see a 3rd trip in 3 days. So I stayed home while Lucy took her daughter to look at a house to put an offer on, and I did a major overdue WC, plant trimming, and sponge filter install in the 55g. I'll do the small tanks tomorrow.

Meanwhile, today I got an expected offer on the last house I have listed here in the hood. The pleasant, unexpected surprise was that when the seller and I talked she immediately said she was ready to sign it. I thought she was going to want to counter back at a higher price and chance losing the buyer. It's done and I've got to get it off to escrow either tonight or tomorrow. Woohoo! Now all I'm hoping for is that both pending sales have inspections everyone can live with, or at least negotiate through to closings.

The 3rd pending one, the 4-plex not in our community, had a lot of issues that the buyer wants taken care of and the somewhat stubborn seller HAS AGREED TO DO ALL OF THEM!!! We're rolling closer to full retirement....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Fully retiring from income producing work is going to be a big change for me. Starting at age 11, I began mowing yards,and prior to that I was spading up small garden spaces for neighbors to earn money. Never have I not been working since then.  huh I know I will concentrate on some sort of fish-raising as a hobby. And the challenge will be with lack of space, but I will have the time to be seriously creative. Ha! Right now I have a worm farm with 6 culture boxes in a closet! Nano tanks could be fit in there maybe....but I will be in another place then!  |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron