• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:38:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Stormy Tuesday coffee

Started by Mugwump, June 14, 2016, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..boom..boom...the coffee is very, very good...boom..boom..... wfwf.....

..70deg's now, headed for the mid 80's, with rain storms most the day.....an excellent putz'n day... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2....nor much rain, but lots of noise at the moment...

..Manny is under the bed...poor guy...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great once again. It is going to be a great weather day here with plenty of sunshine and temps at about 80. My kind of weather. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Nothing to do inside today but a little putzing. Before I turned in last night I saw a filter that needed to be cleaned but I left it alone until this morning.

I just finished ordering 10 assassin snails off of ebay. I will spread them around to get a handle on this snail population. I had a clown loach that I used to move around from tank to tank and he took good care of any snails. I gave him to Scott before I left Illinois.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 14, 2016, 07:49:02 AM
Coffee is great once again. It is going to be a great weather day here with plenty of sunshine and temps at about 80. My kind of weather. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Nothing to do inside today but a little putzing. Before I turned in last night I saw a filter that needed to be cleaned but I left it alone until this morning.

I just finished ordering 10 assassin snails off of ebay. I will spread them around to get a handle on this snail population. I had a clown loach that I used to move around from tank to tank and he took good care of any snails. I gave him to Scott before I left Illinois.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I'd keep those assassin snails in groups so they'll multiply for you....then you'll have plenty....when the other snails start to be eradicated remember to feed em something or they will starve.....the #40 pellets work well for that....
I wished you had said something....we have a few to spare......we just keep moving them around....our red foot print ramshorns do a decent job too...they just out eat the trumpet snails... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Coffee goooood today!

Dr. Paul Loiselle's talk last night was okay. It was mostly a presentation of nano tank fish species to consider. He's kinda stuffy. Reminded me of a college professor who knows his stuff and knows he knows his stuff and wants you to know he knows his stuff. In other words...not very personable.  I did get some tidbits of knowledge I may be able to put to use, though.

Anyone have any nubby piano snails for sale or trade?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 14, 2016, 11:38:25 AM
Coffee goooood today!

Dr. Paul Loiselle's talk last night was okay. It was mostly a presentation of nano tank fish species to consider. He's kinda stuffy. Reminded me of a college professor who knows his stuff and knows he knows his stuff and wants you to know he knows his stuff. In other words...not very personable.  I did get some tidbits of knowledge I may be able to put to use, though.

Anyone have any nubby piano snails for sale or trade?

I imagine the good Dr. gives a ton of those presentations, and is on auto-pilot....one group looks like all the rest....I'm betting he has the various fish club characters down to a science.....LOL.....now in da bar after his talks is where you'll likely meet the 'real' Dr.....and possibly learn the most.. |^|..
Jon

BallAquatics

Pete Cottle tells me he gets in touch with him he wants and info on Danionins....

Dennis

Ron Sower

There is no doubt in my mind that he is one knowledgeable son-of-a-gun!!

Who is pete cottle?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

,,,dew point in the 70's now.........here comes the storms again....90 out there....index 97deg's....

....and hotter tomorrow..... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

BillT

QuoteWho is pete cottle?

English guy who has a very complete Danio website. Lots of info on Danios and their relatives. Most species, lot of pictures.
Talks a lot with the taxonomists and collectors. Seems very Danio focused.
Dennis knows him I think.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BillT on June 14, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
QuoteWho is pete cottle?

English guy who has a very complete Danio website. Lots of info on Danios and their relatives. Most species, lot of pictures.

I just looked back in my notes and Dr. Loiselle had referred us to that site...www.danios.info     He spoke about how thorough and good it is.

Thanks for the mind jingle, Bill!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on June 14, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
QuoteWho is pete cottle?

Last time I spoke with Pete he said he was closing down his fish house and just going to keep a few tanks in his home.  He is getting up there in age.....

Dennis