• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:25:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 630
Total: 630

Lazy Sunday morn'n coffee..

Started by Mugwump, June 12, 2016, 07:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...slept in.....so only on my second cup....and it's very, very good....

..a much welcomed cooler day here.... 8)...so after getting the fish fed, and starting the bbs, I'm going to cut the grass....the chill....pun intended |^|

..but now, more coffee....running a bit later on my morn'n routine...............LOL so what..LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee was very good this morning. It's going to be another hot one today but won't break into the 90s. The humidity will be way lower too. Or so they say. huh

Was supposed to do water changes today but I have an errand to run that will take me out for about 3 hours. I'll just feed the youngsters and fast everyone else until dinner time. Then I'll jump on the WCs in the morning. :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Going to do a bunch of fish stuff today.  Got 5 million sponges to squeeze (for some reason I despise that job), and wipe downs to finish.  It's warm enough now to move my dots outside to one of my 150 gallon containers.  I'm curious to see if they can get by without aeration and filtration.  I really need to kill off a bunch of adult and sup adult Angels but I really really don't want to do it.  Finally, I will move the Discus from the kitchen to the fish room.  It will be a joy to get them out of there.  WC is a huge pain what with having to drag 75' of hose through the house every day for their WC.  I'm gonna put all 12 Discus together in a 120 long.  With all the Dots out of their tank I'm hoping to see some paring activity from the PBs.  Perhaps the RSGs will repair or she will decide that she like's her current guy enough to start spawning again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 12, 2016, 07:34:35 AM
Coffee was very good this morning. It's going to be another hot one today but won't break into the 90s. The humidity will be way lower too. Or so they say. huh

Was supposed to do water changes today but I have an errand to run that will take me out for about 3 hours. I'll just feed the youngsters and fast everyone else until dinner time. Then I'll jump on the WCs in the morning. :-\

I fed them all anyway. huh  mim mim mim
Willie

Mugwump

...things are moving soooooo ssslllloooowwwwwlllyyy thhhiiisss moorrnninggggg.....more coffee... |^|

..but I managed to get everyone fed....now feeding me.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I'm up now...waiting for Lucy so we can have coffee together. Gotta talk with an agent today who put an offer in on one of my listings. It was way low,but maybe we can pull it together. Graduation lunch at the daughter's at 1 for the exchange student. Then off to the first special talk that Paul Loiselle is giving today at 5:30 on Danios and Rasboras.  Tomorrow is a special talk on nano tanks and Tuesday night at the regular meeting his presentation is on Madagascar fish.

Won't get anything on THE LIST done today... :(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2016, 09:10:42 AM
I'm up now...waiting for Lucy so we can have coffee together. Gotta talk with an agent today who put an offer in on one of my listings. It was way low,but maybe we can pull it together. Graduation lunch at the daughter's at 1 for the exchange student. Then off to the first special talk that Paul Loiselle is giving today at 5:30 on Danios and Rasboras.  Tomorrow is a special talk on nano tanks and Tuesday night at the regular meeting his presentation is on Madagascar fish.

LOL....I'm excited for you too....his talks will be mesmerizing......enjoy.....take notes  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm gettin' 'er done.  Moved the plastic into place, filled it with 60 gallons aged tap and 90 gallons of dechloinated tap from the hose.  Got all the dots from three different tanks moved.  Found another small air pump.  It will have to sit outside but I don't think that rain will harm it.  I'll set it on a concrete block so it doesn't end up being flooded with water.

Break time now, then on to squeezing the damn sponges.

Ron Sower

Guess I'll do water changes this morning. Lucy's up and coffee is dripping.... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2016, 09:10:42 AM

Have a great time Ron.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

...Ran some errands...fed Bob's fish.....and now to mow, maybe.....yep, you guessed it....rain/storms moving in.....geez Louise... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

Mugwump

Ta Da !!!!....LOL...got the front and side mowed....not even going to attempt the back tho...... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sponges all squose.  Now I shall take an hour long break and listen to The splendid Table.  After that I shall go on a killing spree.  First I need to run into town for a bag of ice.  I need laundry detergent, too as well as more Clorox for cleaning the Magnums.  I'll stop at the shop and feed the fish.  Poor guys there generally go without food from Saturday afternoon until Tuesday morning.

BallAquatics

Hardee's cinnamon raisin biscuits topped with sweet, melty icing for breakfast with my sweetie.  IT work the rest of the day.  Got to get the club newsletter out this evening too.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 12, 2016, 09:37:28 AM
Guess I'll do water changes this morning. Lucy's up and coffee is dripping.... :D
Guess I won't!  ??? Got sent to the Costco store on a run!  :( Don't you just love the spur of the moment hunny-do's? wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron