• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

Thank You my Hero

Started by LizStreithorst, October 25, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Muggers sent me about half a million white tipped BN plecos Monday.  The Post Office in Illinois screwed up big time.  They sent my boxes of fish to the netherworld.  I can't even guess how many times I refreshed the USPS tracking page.  I checked it first thing when I got up this morning and the fish had arrived.  I drank my coffee and drove toward town before the post office opened. As I was driving my phone rang and the lady on the other end said. "is this the lady from the Stylish Dog?" I said, "Yes, is this the lady from the post office?" I got there and knocked on the door to the back with the sign on it that said, This door will not be opened. You have no choice but to wait until the start of business hours.  I told them that I was here for the fish. 

I opened the box with several options in mind, the first of which was to find a dumpster to dump 4 big bags of dead fish in.  Instead I found 4 big bags of active fish!  I warmed them up and stuck them in a 10 gallon that I had waiting at the shop until I left work.  Then the poor darlin's got dumped in to a 3 gallon bucket for the drive home, and then into a 65 gallon in the fish room.

Thank you, Jon.  The babies are all beautiful and God knows they are tough.  I will name male I choose for breeding Odysseus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 25, 2014, 01:59:46 PM
Muggers sent me about half a million white tipped BN plecos Monday.  The Post Office in Illinois screwed up big time.  They sent my boxes of fish to the netherworld.  I can't even guess how many times I refreshed the USPS tracking page.  I checked it first thing when I got up this morning and the fish had arrived.  I drank my coffee and drove toward town before the post office opened. As I was driving my phone rang and the lady on the other end said. "is this the lady from the Stylish Dog?" I said, "Yes, is this the lady from the post office?" I got there and knocked on the door to the back with the sign on it that said, This door will not be opened. You have no choice but to wait until the start of business hours.  I told them that I was here for the fish. 

I opened the box with several options in mind, the first of which was to find a dumpster to dump 4 big bags of dead fish in.  Instead I found 4 big bags of active fish!  I warmed them up and stuck them in a 10 gallon that I had waiting at the shop until I left work.  Then the poor darlin's got dumped in to a 3 gallon bucket for the drive home, and then into a 65 gallon in the fish room.

Thank you, Jon.  The babies are all beautiful and God knows they are tough.  I will name male I choose for breeding Odysseus.

LOL....that's a good name.... ;D...or Marco Polo ???...LOL.....he took the long way around too..
I'm glad that they're finally in your tank.....feed em a good meal, they have to be starved...they love 'teenie greenie'.....LOL....I like those little white tipped tails too...might have the LF version soon too....??..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

There was algae galore in the 10 gallon at the shop.  I let it get that way on purpose.  They started chowing down right away.  There's some algae in their new home, but I blanched a few slices of Zucchini and tossed them in.  I have algae wafers and lots of Teenie Greenie.

I'd be interested in a small selection of white tipped long fin.  Let me know when you have some ready.  You know that I'll want to breed these cute little buggers inspite of myself ::)

Mugwump

:D..it's easy to get hooked on the cute little darln's.... :D    you might need some of the little blue eyed too?.....one look in those eyes and boomba..... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I'm happy that they all made it safely, they are some hardy fish. and the blue eye are nice too. 
Scott

BallAquatics

Great story with a happy ending.  Yes, the blue eyes are fantastic, for that matter, all of Jon's fish are of the highest quality.  You just can't go wrong when you stop by Jon's House of Horny Angels!!! 

for a good time call.....  867-5309

Dennis

Rjb3

Baby carrots are good for them, too. Just split them in half from end to end and toss them in raw. They sink on their own.

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 25, 2014, 03:08:06 PM
Great story with a happy ending.  Yes, the blue eyes are fantastic, for that matter, all of Jon's fish are of the highest quality.  You just can't go wrong when you stop by Jon's House of Horny Angels!!! 

for a good time call.....  867-5309

Dennis

First thing that I thought of....LOL

BEECHWOOD 4-5789
(William Stevenson / Marvin Gaye / George Gordy)
The Marvelettes - 1962

You can have this dance with me
You can hold my hand and whisper
In my ear sweet words,
that I love to hear

Don't be shy,
just take your time
I'd like to get to know you
I'd like to make you mine

I've been waiting
Sitting here so patiently
For you to come over
and have this dance with me

and my number is
Beachwood 45789
You can call me up and have a date
Any old time

Don't be shy,
just take your time

Beachwood 45789
any old time

Don't be shy,
just take your time

And my number is
Beachwood 45789
Any old time
Beachwood 45789
Any old time
Beachwood 45789
Any old time

Jon

BallAquatics

..... for a good fish call!

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 25, 2014, 05:54:08 PM

..... for a good fish call!

Dennis

LOL...and that one was gonna be next... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 25, 2014, 06:04:24 PM
Dennis is jealous, Mug ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doubt that.....Dennis has some really classy fish coming out of his fish room..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

y'all wouldn't believe the amount of pleco poo on the bottom of that 65 this morning!

Rjb3

Mugwump

Jon