• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 579
Total: 579

That kinda day...............

Started by PaulineMi, April 12, 2013, 03:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

So as I was getting ready to leave the house my husband asked me to print out some tax info for his Mom. When I went downstairs the 90 gallon angel display tank didn't sound right.  Oops....it sprung a leak!  Yep, wet carpet and wooden stand.  Ugh.  We rushed to get the angels out, putting them into an empty 55 in the back room. The aged discus water is right next to that tank so luckily all went relatively well, fish wise.

My lovely planted tank with Carol's pretty angels went from this:

to this:

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

The only worse thing than spring a leak is spring a leak and not catching it in time. 

I was "lucky" with my leak, too.  I went into the shop one morning to find about 50 gallons of water on the floor.  Yep, my 100 gallon was leaking. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I hate that too....I hope it's an easy fix... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

shatanka

Oh no, Pauline!  I'd be in tears. That is a beautiful tank with all the plants and beautiful angels. I also hope it is a quick fix. Glad you caught it in time!

PaulineMi

I have a friend in fish who has a war injury and no full time job. This type of work is right up his alley. He said silicone, a razor blade & time can get it fixed.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BallAquatics

Good to hear it should be an easy fix.  Here's hoping the rest of your weekend is a bit less stressful.

Dennis

Mugwump

Mmm..think of it as an opportunity to rescape it again.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Mugwump on April 13, 2013, 09:46:46 AM
Mmm..think of it as an opportunity to rescape it again.......

Better suggestion than one I received that said think of it as an opportunity to buy a new tank.   :o

But I am rethinking my plans to sell off extra tanks!

b125killer

sorry to hear about that. It's good that it can be fixed. I always like to rescape tanks but not for the reason you have too.
Scott