• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

weird day....

Started by Mugwump, October 26, 2012, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

It's one of those...procrastinating days....but...things need to get done....sooo....off we go..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jo

Have fun! I'm procrastinating going back to work. It has gone from about 80 yesterday to high 40's today. Makes me not want to do anything.
Jo

BallAquatics

Been busy around here... changed 245 gallons of water, placed an order with Ken's Fish.  Time for a sausage, egg & toast break, then back to water changes. 

Dennis

Jo

Wow Dennis! You are working hard. You need a break! I'll do my water changes tonight when I get off work.
Jo

b125killer

I did water changes this morning. Now I'm procrastinating Because I have to go to work.
Scott

Jo

Work! Yuc! Sorry! I'm looking for 5:00pm
Jo

BallAquatics

Low pressure rainy day, large water change..... Honduran Red Point's are fanning eggs   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Pretty fish...congrats on the spawn....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Thanks Jon.  I removed the other Red Point's to give them a better chance at raising some fry this time.  They still need to contend with about 40 Purple Passion Danios though.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 26, 2012, 08:36:00 PM
Thanks Jon.  I removed the other Red Point's to give them a better chance at raising some fry this time.  They still need to contend with about 40 Purple Passion Danios though.

Dennis

Any plant cover for the fry needed???..
Jon

ilroost

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2012, 08:39:41 PM
Any plant cover for the fry needed???..

I've never really worried about plant cover as the parents heard them around pretty good.  Here's a video of the same pair earlier this year.  At about 1:05 into the video, watch the male gather up a straggler and spit it back into the group.  lol

Quote from: ilroost on October 26, 2012, 08:42:08 PM
love the red points

Thanks ilroost.  I've always liked Convicts and after hearing Rusty Wessel talk about the Red Points I knew I had to get some!

Dennis

Jo

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2012, 08:22:41 PM
Pretty fish...congrats on the spawn....

Good Lord that is a beautiful fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jo

BallAquatics

Thanks Jo.  That's really what they look like too.....  even though my photos don't show it.  lol

Dennis

b125killer

Them are pretty. I like the video it's cool seeing them herd there fry.
Scott