• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 714
Total: 715

How about a "What's your other hobby/interest" post

Started by Rjb3, October 20, 2012, 07:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Mugwump

A good question for everyone..........

I like to fish.....peacefull, and relaxing...I like it outside..
and I like to play golf...now that I'm older, it's more a game of finesse, rather than distance for me. I was once a pretty decent golpher, but now just play for the walk, and friendship of a few friends....classic rivalry....LOL...actully brutal rivalry....LOL...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Mine is cars, cars and more cars. This is my baby.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

And it's a nice 'baby' too......sweet, I like the color too
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Thanks Jon. She is a 1936 810 Cord. What is so special about her is she is super charged. You could not get that till 1937. But she was the prototype car for the super charger. Front wheel drive. 195 hp. 288 cu.  Elc. automatic Trans. Crank out head lights. Way ahead of her time.  In 36 they called the 810 The baby Duesenberg. Her cost in 1936 was 3000.00 A lot of money at that time.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

P4Angels

Let me see wood working:

My big boy toy:

Cant forget the love of my life:
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Rjb3

I play guitar, a Martin D 12-28. I've played all my life. Because I play only for my own enjoyment, I consider it a hobby. And, making fish food is a hobby, I guess.

Other hobbies over the years included drag racing, oval stock car racing, flying model airplanes, and racing radio controlled cars. Still got the trophies from all of that.

I also enjoy shooting. My wife and I go shooting together. I render down my own lamb tallow to lube black powder wads and make bullet lube. Making it yourself is the only way. It's all very time consuming. I like that. The lamb tallow and bees wax for the gun stuff brought me to candle making. I'm just getting started with that. Boy, do I drive Gale nuts. LOL

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 21, 2012, 06:11:16 AM
I play guitar, a Martin D 12-28. I've played all my life. Because I play only for my own enjoyment, I consider it a hobby. And, making fish food is a hobby, I guess.

Other hobbies over the years included drag racing, oval stock car racing, flying model airplanes, and racing radio controlled cars. Still got the trophies from all of that.

I also enjoy shooting. My wife and I go shooting together. I render down my own lamb tallow to lube black powder wads and make bullet lube. Making it yourself is the only way. It's all very time consuming. I like that. The lamb tallow and bees wax for the gun stuff brought me to candle making. I'm just getting started with that. Boy, do I drive Gale nuts. LOL

That's why she loves you, you mind is always cranking.....I've raced the scale slot cars before,  years ago, I loved it....Pitman Ram/ Alum chassis/ meshed Weldon gears....seems like yesterday...I used to have a few trophies and won a Goodyear blimp ride over LA county one time....
Some friends and I, built a 58cal cap and ball rifle, hex barrel, from one of those kits...early 60's...we took it out to the San Gabriel mts and shot it across a canyon at Yucca trees....the tree pods would explode like it was snowing....LOL..we made our own balls and slugs too...the sound of the tumbling slug across a canyon is something to hear..then the 'crack' as it smacked the tree...sheesh... made the C&B pistol next....'kick city'....had some punch too..

Jon

Rjb3

The .44 cal. Colt Dragoon replaced the Colt Walker and was "The most powerful handgun in the world" from 1848 until 1935 when Smith&Wesson introduced the .357 Magnum. That baby weighs in at 4.25 lbs. It's a real cannon.

Mugwump

Yep, Jan's G'dad had a Navy Colt that he kept by his chair....( think Misssissippi)...PaPa let me fire a few in the backyard...shazam....quite to piece....accurate too...
Jon

Rjb3

Most of the famous shootists and cowboys used the 36 cal. 1851 Colt Navy.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 21, 2012, 10:11:12 AM
Most of the famous shootists and cowboys used the 36 cal. 1851 Colt Navy.
I can understand that.....sweeeeeet piece...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Wow.   Your artwork in impressive.

Quote from: P4Angels on October 20, 2012, 09:14:40 PM
Let me see wood working:

My big boy toy:

Cant forget the love of my life:

Always move forward. Never look back.

Rjb3

There's some pretty neat stuff here already. I'm glad I asked.

Mir

I basically like anything and everything that has to do with any types of animals. I would be content with doing nothing else but caring for them. I also like arts&crafts, and sewing/knitting clothes for my animals. :3
And I also like collecting various things and cooking. :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'