• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 10:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

I am on the verge of death

Started by Charlotte, January 14, 2016, 03:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

Mom was driving me to her work Tuesday and I got critically ill.  Mom knew by the sound I made, pulled me over and had me towed in.  I need a heart trasnplant.  My engine is shot.  She knew when she bought me that I had low compression in one cylinder and that it was just a matter of time...  She checked my oil just the day before when we took fish to the LFS in Hattiesburg and it was down some but not to the point I should have needed more.  Neither of us can understand why this came on so suddenly.   But we both understand why my heart, with fewer that 90,000 miles gave out.  I know why because I was there.  Mom figured it out on her own.  My previous owner drove me hot.  Mom figured it out when a friend told her that the only reason my heart should give out at that age is if someone drove me hot.  The only ugly aftermarket thing I have in me is a temperature gauge.  Liz says that the previous owner "locked the gate after the horses got out."

Mom is giving me a heart transplant not with some motor from the junk yard but with a good rebuilt one from a reputable company.  I've already had my heart removed.  They will put in the new one as soon as it comes in and  mom should have me home next week.  I am very lucky to have an owner who thinks of me as more valuable that I really am.  I know that I am 27 years old and small things will break here and there, but there is nothing wrong with me other than my injured heart.  All the rest of me is fine.  My greatest desire is to live long enough to be worth more than Liz has put in to me.  It's a point of pride with me to always do my best and to be loyal huh

BTW, the only reason I can talk after my heart and lungs have been removed is because I'm a car ;)
Keep on Truckin'

wsantia1

Good luck with your recovery. You are a great car. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's me, Liz...I'll tell Charlotte that you think she's great, Willie.  Your kind words will make her feel better.  I have visited her every day since the day she got sick.  I give her a little kiss and a small rub.  I can tell that she is embarrassed about something that was not her fault.  She thinks that she should be invincible.  She is old.  She will break.  She had no control over how her previous owners treated her.  I wish she wouldn't be so hard on herself.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Dear Charlotte, you are the luckiest truck I have ever known, to have a mom like you do.  She has saved you from the junk yard and with your new heart you will have a whole new life with her.
Barb  (your mom's friend)

Charlotte

Dear Miss Barb,  I know that you care about me because you care about my mom.  Thank you.  Sometimes my mother needs emotional support.  She gets all distressed and thinks the world will come to an end when she should know damn well that it will not.  She thinks that she is independent, but she is not.  Everyone needs friends.

Keep on Truckin'

Mugwump

Quote from: Charlotte on January 14, 2016, 06:47:44 PM
Dear Miss Barb,  I know that you care about me because you care about my mom.  Thank you.  Sometimes my mother needs emotional support.  She gets all distressed and thinks the world will come to an end when she should know damn well that it will not.  She thinks that she is independent, but she is not.  Everyone needs friends.

Quote from: Barb on January 14, 2016, 05:53:40 PM
Dear Charlotte, you are the luckiest truck I have ever known, to have a mom like you do.  She has saved you from the junk yard and with your new heart you will have a whole new life with her.

+ 1.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Charlotte, I'm sending lots of healing thoughts your way. Get well soon. I know Liz a good nurse for you.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 14, 2016, 07:09:12 PM
Quote from: Charlotte on January 14, 2016, 06:47:44 PM

Quote from: Barb on January 14, 2016, 05:53:40 PM

+ 1.... ;D

+2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

You'll be good-as-new just in time for spring.  Crusing with the windows down.....

https://youtu.be/fjgCqbPGq2A

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

Charlotte I hope your mom got you a Ford heart.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I don't believe that a ford heart would fit.  I wanted to get her a V6 heart but it cost too much.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on January 15, 2016, 07:12:23 PM
Charlotte I hope your mom got you a Ford heart.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....what and poison her....oh no !!!!!
Jon

BallAquatics

Ah, Ford.....  Fix Or Repair Daily, or as my uncle Jack used to say, "Fastest On Race Day".  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bowsher

Dennis

greydragon

i always heard that ford was flip over read directions (pull back and release) lol