• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 774
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 772
Total: 772

Friday's good coffee...

Started by Mugwump, October 30, 2015, 06:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..MMMMmm....coffee's very good............cold outside....brrrr...heading to mid 50's...but no rain til tomorrow  ;D... it's hard to roll out when it is still dark outside....

lots of putz'n on tap today.....might grab the ladder and trim the bush on the corner of the house....it's grown too close to the gutter....I'll check the downspouts while I'm up there too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Just finishing up last nights left-over coffee  Quick shower and bit of tidying up and off to the hospital south of Dayton.  Probably stay until nap time this afternoon and then head back home.  Need to spend some quality time in the fish room.  Other than a quick feed and water change, the fish have been pretty much on their own for the last 7 weeks.

Dennis

Barb

How is Terri doing Dennis?  Hopefully much better?
Barb

wsantia1

Just finished my first pot. Hopefully it's my last for the day. Not much on tap today as I did everything yesterday. |^| A little putzing and maybe a trip to the hardware store for some cleaning supplies. mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2 half gone...still not dressed :o....guess I'd better get going  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Heading over the Cascades to Wenatchee in the center of the state late this morning to visit the cousins and my aunt who treated my Mother like a sister. It's a 3 hour drive. We're supposed to have some of the heaviest rain we've had in a long time today and tomorrow here in the Seattle area, Usually Wenatchee is dry and sunny, it has a sub-desert climate, but the rain that's coming in on this side of the Cascades it going to cover that area also. Fun driving through the mountains.

The break will be nice. I've been busy this week with several listing presentations and setting up one listing in the MLS. Monday afternoon I will do another listing. It's so interesting....2 things happen almost with extreme surety. 1) If I plan or go on a trip, calls come in to list, see or buy houses. 2) The activity almost always occurs in bunches. I may have weeks of no calls to list, see or buy, and suddenly the dam breaks and they come in clusters.  huh

The other thing that has me busy is  helping Miss Lucy with the Kitchen Project, stripping and staining our wooden cabinets in preparation for our new countertops. The is the last home improvement project that I plan to do. Going to the chiropractor has helped immensely and I don't want to screw up my back any more than it already is! :-\

Oh yeah...coffee's good too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 30, 2015, 08:54:58 AM
Heading over the Cascades to Wenatchee in the center of the state late this morning to visit the cousins and my aunt who treated my Mother like a sister. It's a 3 hour drive. We're supposed to have some of the heaviest rain we've had in a long time today and tomorrow here in the Seattle area, Usually Wenatchee is dry and sunny, it has a sub-desert climate, but the rain that's coming in on this side of the Cascades it going to cover that area also. Fun driving through the mountains.

The break will be nice. I've been busy this week with several listing presentations and setting up one listing in the MLS. Monday afternoon I will do another listing. It's so interesting....2 things happen almost with extreme surety. 1) If I plan or go on a trip, calls come in to list, see or buy houses. 2) The activity almost always occurs in bunches. I may have weeks of no calls to list, see or buy, and suddenly the dam breaks and they come in clusters.  huh

The other thing that has me busy is  helping Miss Lucy with the Kitchen Project, stripping and staining our wooden cabinets in preparation for our new countertops. The is the last home improvement project that I plan to do. Going to the chiropractor has helped immensely and I don't want to screw up my back any more than it already is! :-\

Oh yeah...coffee's good too!

When I was selling my last house I could go weeks without a showing and then when I had something planned I would several request to show. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Isn't that weird, Willie?  I swear it happens EVERY time!  So if business is slow and I want it to pick up, I just take a trip...! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...isn't your aunt your Mom's sister ???.....sounds like my aunt, she took care of her siblings too....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2015, 09:17:18 AM
...isn't your aunt your Mom's sister ???.....sounds like my aunt, she took care of her siblings too....
She's the wife of my Mom's brother. They've been close since Aunt married Uncle, although at opposite sides of the country. She's 88 and made the trip with her 2 daughters to Virginia to Mom's funeral. wore her out but she's a trooper. She seems so healthy, I bet she'll live on into her mid-90's or longer. A sweet one too.   ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 30, 2015, 09:23:29 AM
She's the wife of my Mom's brother. They've been close since Aunt married Uncle, although at opposite sides of the country. She's 88 and made the trip with her 2 daughters to Virginia to Mom's funeral. wore her out but she's a trooper. She seems so healthy, I bet she'll live on into her mid-90's or longer. A sweet one too.   ;)

I'll bet she will too....my Mom's aunt's all lived to over a 100......Blanche was still driving the gal's to church at 103....she looked maybe 80 ??
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2015, 09:31:20 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 30, 2015, 09:23:29 AM

I'll bet she will too....my Mom's aunt's all lived to over a 100......Blanche was still driving the gal's to church at 103....she looked maybe 80 ??

Aunt Monty's sisters are and were long-lived - 90's or so.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Barb on October 30, 2015, 07:28:11 AM
How is Terri doing Dennis?  Hopefully much better?
Barb

Unfortunately Barb she's not much better.  She is off of the heavy sedation, but it's prolonged use has left her with chronic muscle weakness, (she can't move).  With the trach she can't talk, and she is still on the ventilator.

With that said, she did seem to be in good spirts today.  She really likes this lady Julie, her speach therapist, and when Julie saw she was having a "good day", she spent some extra time with her.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'll buy a Jesus candle for her tomorrow.  Forgive me my silly superstitions.  They do no harm.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Nothing to forgive Liz.  You are a dear lady and I'm proud to call you my friend.  Thanks so much for your on going kindness and support.

Dennis