• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 772
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 757
Total: 758

Finally A Sunny Monday

Started by wsantia1, May 13, 2024, 10:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Happy belated Mother's Day to Barb and Liz. After a weekend of lousy weather we are finally getting some sunshine and temps will climb from the high 30s to a high temp in the low 70s. That is my kind of weather especially since I can get Kobe out of the house without worrying about him over heating.

I was very busy this weekend with putting this house back together after the flooring install. I'm taking my time because I don't want to hurt my self doing anything. I also was busy making arrangements for someone to keep Kobe for a couple of days while I go up to New York for my nieces' wedding on the 25th.

The problem is that I am going away for 2 days and the place I normally take him to will not allow me to pick him up until the Tuesday after the holiday so Kobe would have to stay there for 4 nights. That doesn't work for me. I will be home by Sunday morning.

I did find someone who will take him for me on a site called Rover. She lives about a mile from me and is a dog trainer. Kobe and I went to visit her over the weekend. She does boarding and daycare in addition to training and has experience administering medications. She also worked for Caesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer) for a while when she lived in LA.

I will make it so that she will only have to give Kobe his meds on Friday evening and Saturday to make it as easy as possible. He sleeps most of the time these days so I hope he sleeps a lot while there. 

That's it for me. Hopefully you all will have a great day and I will peek in later to see what you all have going on.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's hard having an old dog.

I have bad news about Big Head.  April came down every day to give him his pill in string cheese.  He was well and happy the entire time.  When I arrived home he was gone.  April and her daughter looked everywhere for him. There have been a lot of snakes around lately.  A copperhead was run over on my road just the other day. My hope is that he got bitten by a venomous snake and bled to death.  It's an easy way to go. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi friends!

And a belated Happy Mom's Day from me as well, Barb and Liz. We talked with our Granddaughter and Daughter on Sunday which is always a nice treat. And we had 2 couples over for pizza and Pegs n Jokers that evening.

Liz I hope you're convalescing well and I'm sorry Big Head hasn't shown up. Maybe he still will.

Getting everything back in place is a task, but I think you're doing it right by going slowly, Willie.

I've got my office tank maintenance to do today and then I'll pick up some gold rams from my breeder. Lucy is doing two card classes today and then taking off the summer months.

The company that carries our auto up insurance is dropping all their private vehicle contracts and my new quotes are double what it has been.🤬 I'm looking at aarp's Hartford plans. They look somewhat better than the rest.

I hope all of you have a great day.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron