• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 575
Total: 575

Dumbest Ad Ever

Started by BillT, November 29, 2015, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

I just got an e-mail advertising an "Apple i-Light" (no such product).

It can shine through 5 inches of brick and will last forever.

I had hear the scammers try to select for the dumbest people because they don't want to deal with people who can figure out what their scam is.  I guess this is proof.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on November 29, 2015, 12:53:29 PM
I just got an e-mail advertising an "Apple i-Light" (no such product).

It can shine through 5 inches of brick and will last forever.

I had hear the scammers try to select for the dumbest people because they don't want to deal with people who can figure out what their scam is.  I guess this is proof.

I don't know where the shine through brick comes from....but this is what they are, I believe... huh,,,makes the logo light up...big deal...LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Definitely the dumbest ever Bill.  LOL

Second dumbest, making a 20 minute video about it...  LOL

I wish my problems were all so trivial   :(

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 29, 2015, 02:24:26 PM
Definitely the dumbest ever Bill.  LOL

Second dumbest, making a 20 minute video about it...  LOL

I wish my problems were all so trivial   :(

Dennis

LOL...I agree...I started watching and thought ....Huh??......all that for a logo light??.......sheesh..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Young people are having a love affair with there phones.  A while back it was in vogue to have a cracked screen, no shit!  It's about "my phone is more cool than your phone".   
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2015, 02:39:55 PM
Huh??......all that for a logo light??.......sheesh..

You have to have the "Apple" mentality Jon.....  fortunately, I don't believe you or I will ever achieve it.   ;)

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 29, 2015, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 29, 2015, 02:39:55 PM
Huh??......all that for a logo light??.......sheesh..

You have to have the "Apple" mentality Jon.....  fortunately, I don't believe you or I will ever achieve it.   ;)

Dennis

+1.....whew |^|
Jon

BillT

Well, the ad had a picture of a fairly normal looking flashlight, not an i-phone.
I think they like the name because its cool.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on November 29, 2015, 09:24:25 PM
Well, the ad had a picture of a fairly normal looking flashlight, not an i-phone.
I think they like the name because its cool.

It must have been that 'super' flashlight they're hyping now days....
Jon