• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 603
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 595
Total: 595

Parking issue

Started by Ron Sower, November 27, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I live in this manufactured home community that has a park manager who is supposed to enforce the rules even-handedly. She doesn't like "policing" the regs though, and some claim that she is preferential in her treatment of the rules and residents; I being one of those who think and have experienced this.

90% of the houses I sell are in this community. So here I am with a newly listed house in a small cul-de-sac and the sellers have already moved. Parking is a tight situation and we are supposed to keep our cars off the streets and in our own driveways unless we have permission to use someone else's.  The next door neighbor to this house has frequently parked in my seller's driveway without permission when they leave town for a few days. They have repeatedly asked and told him not to.  Within hours of my clients' moving truck pulling away, this neighbor has his car in their driveway! It leaks oil and obstructs my showing agent's ability to present a nice entrance to the property.

I have written the manager two emails, to which she has not responded yet. The 3rd one was this morning. I left him a message to please remove his car for our showing and not park there anymore, and to let me know if he had a problem with this.

Any ideas on how I should handle if the manager still doesn't get involved or he still doesn't pay attention?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2015, 02:01:14 PM
I live in this manufactured home community that has a park manager who is supposed to enforce the rules even-handedly. She doesn't like "policing" the regs though, and some claim that she is preferential in her treatment of the rules and residents; I being one of those who think and have experienced this.

90% of the houses I sell are in this community. So here I am with a newly listed house in a small cul-de-sac and the sellers have already moved. Parking is a tight situation and we are supposed to keep our cars off the streets and in our own driveways unless we have permission to use someone else's.  The next door neighbor to this house has frequently parked in my seller's driveway without permission when they leave town for a few days. They have repeatedly asked and told him not to.  Within hours of my clients' moving truck pulling away, this neighbor has his car in their driveway! It leaks oil and obstructs my showing agent's ability to present a nice entrance to the property.

I have written the manager two emails, to which she has not responded yet. The 3rd one was this morning. I left him a message to please remove his car for our showing and not park there anymore, and to let me know if he had a problem with this.

Any ideas on how I should handle if the manager still doesn't get involved or he still doesn't pay attention?

.....take a picture of his car and the oil spots, then tell him that the present owners want it cleaned up, and not to park there anymore....and that he'll be held for the damages, legally if necessary..............$$$'s talk a good message to idiots... ;D...get a free estimate on resurfacing the driveway and leave it in his mailbox...... ;D...lawyers letters work well too.. |^|

..traffic cones with a rope across might work too.....then a pic of him trespassing is nice and legal too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Some great ideas!  Cool! Thanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Mug is a genius |^|  Next time you email tell the guy that he will have to pay for the lawyer costs as well, and if he still violates the rules the court costs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Well, It may be settled with out the threats!  I finally got a call back from them and they said they will not park there anymore!   |^|
We'll see!  ::)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 27, 2015, 03:59:47 PM
Well, It may be settled with out the threats!  I finally got a call back from them and they said they will not park there anymore!   |^|
We'll see!  ::)

...it may sound odd but........drop off a bottle of wine to the guy..........the new owners to be will appreciate a friendly neighbor... ;)....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Great idea.  If he respects your wishes, reward him. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I hadn't thought of something along that line because I don't think it should be necessary to reward someone for following the rules like most others do. The reward is having a great neighborhood to live in.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 28, 2015, 01:22:04 AM
I hadn't thought of something along that line because I don't think it should be necessary to reward someone for following the rules like most others do. The reward is having a great neighborhood to live in.

...true, and you're very correct, wine would be too much......my thought was to put a happier spin on it...for any future dealings that you, or the new neighbor may have in the future...no sour taste in anyone's mouths....a visit, or phone, call might be sufficient?....who knows?..ya might make a new friend? 

..besides...you might want to sell the house on the other side some day... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

You are spot on, Mugs. I've picked up a coffee gift card for him!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 28, 2015, 08:43:03 AM
You are spot on, Mugs. I've picked up a coffee gift card for him!

+1...... ;D
Jon