• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 03:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,335
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Tuesday Morning...coffee time

Started by Mugwump, December 13, 2016, 05:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...great coffee....MMMmmmmmm.....

..it's cold...brrr...temp around 9-10deg's...and it won't get much warmer either.....some putz'n and staying in for us.....except maybe for a Sassy romp, and that will be brief....we watch her closely when she's out there in the extreme cold...

now for more coffee... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great. Sopposed to be the last of the decent weather with sunny skies & the temps going up to the high 40s-low 50s. The bottom will fall out tonight with the temps plunging into the teens. No precip yet. Hopefully we make it through the New Year dry.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 13, 2016, 06:00:55 AM
Coffee is great. Sopposed to be the last of the decent weather with sunny skies & the temps going up to the high 40s-low 50s. The bottom will fall out tonight with the temps plunging into the teens. No precip yet. Hopefully we make it through the New Year dry.

I'm not sure that we'll get that lucky here. It's supposed to drop 5-8" of snow here on Friday, then change over to another 1-3" Saturday of snow/ice pellets/ice?......it won't be pretty, that's for sure...

...makes ya feel like a bear...ya just want to hibernate.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 13, 2016, 06:42:31 AM

I'm not sure that we'll get that lucky here. It's supposed to drop 5-8" of snow here on Friday, then change over to another 1-3" Saturday of snow/ice pellets/ice?......it won't be pretty, that's for sure...

It's too early to hibernate. There's still January and February coming. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 13, 2016, 07:11:11 AM

...HMMMmmm..... huh....it still might work tho..... huh
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on December 13, 2016, 07:14:48 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 13, 2016, 07:11:11 AM

...HMMMmmm..... huh....it still might work tho..... huh

Lots of times if we get snow and cold in December then Jan and Feb. are pretty mild.  Here's hoping.  Thermometer on the patio said 6 this morning.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Charlotte

What a relief.  Mom turned the key and I went vroom.  We drove straight to uncle Chip's.  Wow, was he ever in a good mood.  He even offered to drive mom to work.  He generally makes her hoof it.
Keep on Truckin'

Ron Sower

Quote from: Charlotte on December 13, 2016, 09:25:36 AM
What a relief.  Mom turned the key and I went vroom.  We drove straight to uncle Chip's.  Wow, was he ever in a good mood.  He even offered to drive mom to work.  He generally makes her hoof it.
Must have been your smiling face, Charlotte!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...you guys sure are getting the weather these days!!!  ..I won't be trying to trade y ou for our  current 58 and this afternoon's 75...!  Have I said I love it here yet??? |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...I hope all the workers show up today...Dean and I'll install the shower stall...waiting on the town to approve my carport cover so the shed builders can finish that...waiting on Lowe's to get the flooring in.....so close yet so far away huh....and Miss Lucy's getting a little edgy to have it done... :-\
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 13, 2016, 09:58:17 AM
...you guys sure are getting the weather these days!!!  ..I won't be trying to trade y ou for our  current 58 and this afternoon's 75...!  Have I said I love it here yet??? |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...I hope all the workers show up today...Dean and I'll install the shower stall...waiting on the town to approve my carport cover so the shed builders can finish that...waiting on Lowe's to get the flooring in.....so close yet so far away huh....and Miss Lucy's getting a little edgy to have it done... :-\

...it'd be nice if you could get finished up before the holidays.... |^|...good luck

Jon

LizStreithorst

Don't tell Charlotte, but I almost ruined her new heart ???  Chip first said that the battery was bad, the alternator was bad the battery cable was bad, and the sensor wire was bad.  I owed him $650.  I was ready to suck it up and give him my credit card when he said that he was pulling my leg.  The good news he gave me was that I only owed him $40.

Then he scared me to death when he told me what was actually wrong.  Her belt had come off and I was running her without a water pump or anything else, for that matter.  OMG, If this had happened while I was in Hattiesburg I'd have cooked her engine!  I'm surprised that I made it the 12 miles to Ellisville without over heating, but I did.  I was very very very lucky but I'm still spooked.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 13, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Don't tell Charlotte, but I almost ruined her new heart ???  Chip first said that the battery was bad, the alternator was bad the battery cable was bad, and the sensor wire was bad.  I owed him $650.  I was ready to suck it up and give him my credit card when he said that he was pulling my leg.  The good news he gave me was that I only owed him $40.

Then he scared me to death when he told me what was actually wrong.  Her belt had come off and I was running her without a water pump or anything else, for that matter.  OMG, If this had happened while I was in Hattiesburg I'd have cooked her engine!  I'm surprised that I made it the 12 miles to Ellisville without over heating, but I did.  I was very very very lucky but I'm still spooked.

..you dodged a bullet....cool... |^|
...a good habit to get into is checking your oil once a week....because you'll naturally do a visual of the engine compartment....washer wiper wash check, anti-freeze reservoir full, and you'd see any belt issues.....I normally do it all while getting gas....plus kick'n the tires... |^|
...it doesn't mean that a belt can't flip between checks, but you might notice that it's looser than normal?.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll do it.  Chip told me to pull over anytime a light came on and check.  I can't believe it even happened.  Once in a while I had a belt squeal when I started her up in the morning but it wasn't bad and it didn't happen often.  It was so minor and infrequent I kept forgetting to buy belt dressing.

I think that may be God smiled on me this time.  It is the time of year for kind deeds.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 13, 2016, 01:11:01 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 13, 2016, 09:58:17 AM

...it'd be nice if you could get finished up before the holidays.... |^|...good luck

...it really could happen....today I got word the flooring vinyl is at Lowes's ,s o tomorrow I'll go pick it up....the electrical guy finished today....and I called the gall at the city safety dept and asked if she could give me a status of my permit for the awning over the concrete pad, and she said it was behind 7 others but she would see if she could shuffle it a little further up the stack....

......tomorrow we will finish the shower stall and then I will call the guy to hook up the rest of the plumbing...maybe Thursday we can start installing the vinyl flooring ( they're click-together planks)...and then while we're gone (leaving here the 20th) Dean can finish the baseboard trim...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron