• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 03:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Monday's Morn'n coffee...

Started by Mugwump, November 21, 2016, 05:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very good...MMMmmm....cold again here...20deg's at present, but it'll jump into the 40's later on this afternoon....

..bunch of fish room things to get done today....one is to recheck all the tank temps again ....and adjust the heaters...?

..first thing this morning is to check the PO for a box coming in....while I'm out I need to get gas too.... huh   

...maybe I can get Sassy to come along...?

...and now...........more coffee |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It is cold & windy here. The windiest it's been since I've been here. huh Short walk today. I put an extra scoop in my coffee to give it a little more kick. Hopefully it works.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 21, 2016, 05:43:22 AM
...maybe I can get Sassy to come along...?

Be careful what you wish for.....  I can hardly get out of the house without taking Billy  lol  He is very good company however...  never complains about my driving, or the radio station.   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

Mugwump

...Pot #2 here.....and the heat just came on too.... |^|......off to feed the fish....

Sassy's still getting used to the car...she does well tho...even if we have to help her load sometimes, she'll get the hang of that 'jump in' part soon enough...LOL....especially the Tahoe, which is much higher than the Blazer....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

LOL  Billy was glad to see the Isuzu go in favor of the S-10.....  he was 77 last October and just craws into the truck now.  Not much jump left in him these days.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It got down to 28 last night but it will start warming up again tomorrow.  Looking forward to more putzing in the fish room today.  Then there's no more fun stuff and I'll have to clean house :(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...63 here now at 8:15...looking for mid 60s and rain around 11-1...

...went to the Mexican pottery shop again yesterday and bought bowls for salsa and chips for the deck"christening' Wednesday...it was actually fun (I'm not much of a shopper)...Got the parrot on a swing!!!....and a string of red peppers...both will hang over the bar....

...today...resident's meeting at the clubhouse in a few minutes...then putzing I gues while Dean trims the deck out....might take a drive into Casa Grande to Lowes to pick up a few things....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

It's so nice to hear you are enjoying your new life of leisure in the warm and sunny south-west Ron.   |^|

Dennis

Rjb3

Post swap coffee. Slow start today, but breakfast out with an old friend helped. Now, it's work on the green house for a while.

They could have used (more) angels, cory catfish and plecos at the swap yesterday. One guy had a few angels. No cory catfish or plecos to be seen.  Good swap for only nine or so vendors.

Rjb3

I worked out good for us that there was a swap in Davenport last month and now in Rock Island just across the river. Lots of repeat customers that bought food last month to try decided to buy more. At first I didn't think two swaps so close to each other was such a good idea. Now I do. LOL

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 21, 2016, 09:29:59 AM
It's so nice to hear you are enjoying your new life of leisure in the warm and sunny south-west Ron.   |^|

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis....I'm still waiting for that "leisure" thing!!! I can't complain though...I'm enjoying it. I am working less but still trying to get the last house sold in Federal Way!!!! huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..dang...almost up to 40degs....LOL....the big boid is thawing....a nice 15 pounder....MMMMMmmm
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 21, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
..dang...almost up to 40degs....LOL....the big boid is thawing....a nice 15 pounder....MMMMMmmm

I have a 13 pounder in the freezer that I got for just shopping. It will be there for a while since I am going to Vikki's to eat her bird with her kids. We'll find a future occasion to throw my bird in the oven. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

We have a big home-grown turkey thawing but we probably didn't take it out of the freezer soon enough... I bet we have to put it in the bathtub Thursday morning. It seems like we end up having to do that every year.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Some one needs to visit now!  You should see the fish room!  Yesterday I did a through job on all the inside the tank stuff.  Today I did all the outside of the tank stuff.

I cleaned the outside of every tank with wet 1200 grit sand paper.  Then I went back and windexed all the tanks.  I put away everything that was on the table that I don't use often enough to leave out.  (I did that part over the span of several days so it wasn't as  formidable a job as it would have been otherwise).  I swept.  I vacuumed after I swept.  I vacuumed the sofa.  Then I vacuumed the walls (the walls are vinyl siding and they collect dust.  I swept the ceiling!  I have a 100 gallon tank I repaired that is full of water and has not yet leaked in the middle of the floor otherwise I had have used my mopping machine. 

Now I'll eat, then I'll feed the horses and sit out watching them eat, then it will be time for WC.  I am amazed by the lengths I will go to before I make myself clean house :D
Always move forward. Never look back.