• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 348
Total: 348

Friday's lazy coffee..

Started by Mugwump, August 12, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I made my old board fence using landscape timbers.  I didn't know any better.  Then I moved away and Katrina had trees fallen on it and very many of the landscape timbers  had rotted out.  My neighbor gave me a bunch of treated 4 X 4's and I up many big round posts from the buck pens.  I used 1 X 4's from the side that is being fenced now with electric to rebuild the fence for the other pasture.  It was a hard job.  Digging out rotted posts was very difficult, but I was in shape back then and got it done.

I know damn well that I could do the electric fence, too even though it involves the chain saw and, hole digging, and post bracing.  I'm just no longer up for it.

As far as the plumbing it's just inside the fish room stuff.  I can plumb a fish room.  The only thing I needed a plumber for when I had the fish room built was to hook up my water storage containers.  I needed the 2 250 gallon containers plumbed so close to the wall that the only space I wanted was enough to reach my arm in and turn the valve to fill them with tap water.   I'm just a slow worker because I don't do it all the time.  I need to change some things around and replace my cheap hardware store valves to the tanks with lovely somewhat expensive schedule 80 valves.  These are really lovely valves.
Always move forward. Never look back.