• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 05:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 551
Total: 552

Friday's lazy coffee..

Started by Mugwump, August 12, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....great coffee !...very, very good...MMMmmmm

..a much cooler wet and stormy day for us...last night we got nary a drizzle, but today it'll come through loud and strong....we could use a good rain tho..
the ground is cracking a bit...

..water changes, coffee, and tunes today....just a nice putz'n day in the fish room... |^|....maybe BLT's tonight?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great once again. My company is still asleep but I am up and at em (for now). It's going up to 97 and we are going to make an attempt at going to Rehoboth beach. I bet we don't make it. lol We will probably stop by my future home site though. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 12, 2016, 05:58:58 AM
The coffee is great once again. My company is still asleep but I am up and at em (for now). It's going up to 97 and we are going to make an attempt at going to Rehoboth beach. I bet we don't make it. lol We will probably stop by my future home site though. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...have fun, tire em out....LOL....Pot #2 here....and it's another winner !!!....great coffee...MMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...ahhhh...first cup down (sorry guys, I can't keep up with you heavy drinkers!!...I just don't drink that much coffee + you get a 2-3 hour head start on me at least)...and it was a good one...looking forward to my afternoon cup now....! 8) 8) 8)

...I showed my young aquarium club friend couple 4 or 5 houses yesterday way out in the blackberries...got home late in the afternoon and did some packing...

... today I'll write up an offer on the first house we looked at yesterday for 180K...funny how the house has been on the market 119 days, then we go look at it and the very day we see it another offer comes in!!!  I found out that the other offer is almost list price....we want to offer list price but need to have 6K of closing costs paid by the seller which basically nets them 174K...I've asked the other agent if that offer would be anywhere near being accepted....we'll see where it goes from here...

...we have an offer in on another home, but the inspection showed a lot of work to be done  :( and I don't think the seller has the $$$ up front to do it...if not, it won't be sold with an FHA loan for sure....waiting to hear back from that one...

...meanwhile, on with the packing...we're doing the kitchen now...ugh!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

>:(  :'( :( I MISS MY TANKS OF PLANTS AND FISH...!!!!!  :(  :'(  >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

My guys got most of the posts planted and then got rained out.  Looks like it will be Monday at the soonest that they'll be finished up.  That means a whole week longer before they can start on the fish room.  I want them to do it on a Saturday so I have Sunday and part of Monday to re-do my air and water plumbing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2016, 02:41:47 PM
My guys got most of the posts planted and then got rained out.  Looks like it will be Monday at the soonest that they'll be finished up.  That means a whole week longer before they can start on the fish room.  I want them to do it on a Saturday so I have Sunday and part of Monday to re-do my air and water plumbing.

...like waiting for Santa on Christmas eve, huh?......soon tho... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...so as I sit enjoying a wonderful cup of coffee, I'm wondering how everyone's day went...?  ....for us rainy days can be some of the best days to putz around.....dismal outside while dry and comfy inside.. |^|....almost a cocoa day... huh 
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 12, 2016, 02:57:26 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2016, 02:41:47 PM

...like waiting for Santa on Christmas eve, huh?......soon tho... |^|

Hang in there...you'll get there, Liz! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I know, Ron.  I should be saying that to you, not you to me.  God knows, at this point another week means nothing!

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 12, 2016, 04:26:12 PM
I know, Ron.  I should be saying that to you, not you to me.  God knows, at this point another week means nothing!

I'm betting it'll be a thing of beauty....nice new racks...evil grin...... huh
Jon

wallace

We go for months and months this time of year without any rain at all. Its the same every day. On those rare occasions when some lightning comes along, we all go outside and cheer it on like its the 4th of July.
Dan

LizStreithorst

It's been dry and hot here for almost a month.  I'm glad for the rain.  The drizzle make it easier on the guys.  The overcast made it cooler, although it's still hot.  Since we's had rain for a few days it made it way easier to dig holes to plant posts.  I've done that myself during a hot dry summer.  Let me tell you, it's a bitch.  The last time I did it, which was out of necessity, I found out that I could no longer do whatever I set my mind to.  I managed it.  Otherwise the horses would have been all over the county.  I don't know how many quarts of water I drank and still needed more hours after I'd gotten the job done.

wallace

I got all my fencing done years ago. Now its just an occasional repair when a spazzing cow tries to ram through it.

I like working on new plumbing. Old plumbing not so much.
Dan