• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 02:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Funny how things turn out sometimes...Not really a rant

Started by Ron Sower, December 07, 2015, 12:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

About 3 months ago I got a call from a lady in our neighborhood who wanted me to come down and give her y thoughts on selling her home. She was a manager of a printing plant and was in the process of closing it down and then she was going to retire and move near her son in CA.

So I went down there, and we discussed what needed to be done to get her house ready to sell, when she was planning to put it on the market, and the fact that she was going to also talk to 2 other agents. Okay with me.  I spent a couple hours with her.

These homes sell between 20k and 75k and there is not a lot of commission in it at all. I have been selling in here for 3 years now and have listed and sold 43 homes to date; way more than any other agent that has sold here in the past. The point is, I know what I'm doing with homes in this community, and most people know that. I have a specific way I market the homes and it works well, and you can't do it the same if you don't live in here. It's my niche!

So a couple months later, she lets me know that she is going to list it with her friend and put it on the market December 2. Well, Okay. If she's a friend I can understand that. The 3rd agent she was going to talk to basically told her it wasn't worth her time.  I've been looking forward to it going on the market because there will be about a 75% chance that I and my partner, Gary, will bring a qualified buyer to the table and we still get it sold. That gives me some great satisfaction!!

December 2 rolls around and no sign up in her yard.  Hmmm...wonder what's going on?

2 days ago she called me.  "Ron, I'm going to slow down because I really don't have to move right away. I'm going to put it on the market in January"  Okaaay...I'm wondering why she's telling me this. Then she says, " I want to list it with you. You're the guy in here who sells all the houses and knows how to do it. I like my friend, but I don't think she can do as good a job as you can with the way you do it. That is if you will work with me."

Funny how things turn out sometimes...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson