• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 07:41:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

Monday's coffee an a...

Started by Mugwump, April 20, 2015, 06:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..dank, bleak morn'n...much cooler today, around 50 deg's, falling into the 30's tonight...next few days look like repeats of the same....blah.  ...but good fish room days  ;D  ..water changes, algae scrubs, clean some filters, cull and move fry around....drink coffee and listen to some nice tunes....and a nap for sure  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Same weather here again. Last night there was slate cleaning going on in the Rio Negro/St a Isabel tank.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 20, 2015, 06:03:02 AM
..dank, bleak morn'n...much cooler today, around 50 deg's, falling into the 30's tonight...next few days look like repeats of the same....blah.  ...but good fish room days  ;D  ..water changes, algae scrubs, clean some filters, cull and move fry around....drink coffee and listen to some nice tunes....and a nap for sure  ;D

It's pouring rain out there this morning but should clear later this morning. Then we get temps in the mid 70s with thunderstorms projected for this afternoon.

Koi pair have free swimmers all over the place so they should be giving up their effort to corral the fry soon. BBS container looks orange already so I should be ready later tonight with their first real feeding. The coffee is great this morning. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 20, 2015, 06:09:37 AM
Same weather here again. Last night there was slate cleaning going on in the Rio Negro/St a Isabel tank.  ;D

Wishing you much success with that pair Pauline. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 20, 2015, 06:12:35 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 20, 2015, 06:03:02 AM

It's pouring rain out there this morning but should clear later this morning. Then we get temps in the mid 70s with thunderstorms projected for this afternoon.

Koi pair have free swimmers all over the place so they should be giving up their effort to corral the fry soon. BBS container looks orange already so I should be ready later tonight with their first real feeding. The coffee is great this morning. ;D ;D ;D

Very nice Willie.... ;D   I'll bet it's a sight !!!...any idea how many?....or just lots and lots?  ;D

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 20, 2015, 06:09:37 AM

The weather brings out the best in them....good luck!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

[/quote]

Very nice Willie.... ;D   I'll bet it's a sight !!!...any idea how many?....or just lots and lots?  ;D

[/quote]

Just lots and lots. ;D ;D ;D lol
Willie

PaulineMi

Sounds like all is going very well with your Koi Willie.  And lots and lots of their fry too.  ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

BOOMBA !!!!!!........."lots and lots"..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Another beautiful Spring day here ;D   More HB free swimmers this morning.  I'm going to have to start selling fish again soon.  It's getting kind of crowded down there.  A Pair of German Blue Rams just formed.  I caught them cleaning the top of one of Barb's Pleco caves.  I may give them their own love nest later today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Good luck with those GBR's....they're pretty little things...
Jon

PaulineMi

Willie do you have tornado watches out your way? My son just called and said they have them. After 20 years in California he's fascinated by the weather in PA.   ;D

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 20, 2015, 04:06:57 PM
Willie do you have tornado watches out your way? My son just called and said they have them. After 20 years in California he's fascinated by the weather in PA.   ;D

Yes we do.  I thought I was done with them when I left Illinois. ???
Willie

BallAquatics

Batten down the hatches and be safe.

Dennis

Mugwump

It followed you Wille.....be safe out there...
Jon

wsantia1

Thanks everybody. I think it's not going to hit here. We are just on a watch.  I will already be in the basement working with the fish tanks so if we get one I will already be in the shelter.  ;D
Willie