• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 05:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 801
Total: 801

Dang nabit.....

Started by Mugwump, March 25, 2015, 02:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...motor on my big Diatom is fried.....snail shells clogged the shaft/impeller housing and burnt it out.....seized bad...couldn't even turn it manually......oh well, I can still run the regular sized Diatom's....but dang it.....................
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Well, that's a shame.  Pond snails? 

I got some pond snails as a gift with an Amazon sword I bought 7 years ago and put in the 125 in the shop Over the years I thought I'd gotten them all by mushing them just lately they started showing up again.  I cleaned out the canister filter and found a huge mess of them that had been breeding in the filter media.  I killed as many as I could.  They're still showing up in the tank.  Little buggers are determined to find a way to survive.

You gave me a gift of them.  It must have been eggs because I recieved no snails with my snots.  But they were in a BB tank with sponges and easy to spot and kill or suck up with WC.  They can't survive against me in a BB tank with sponges.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Too bad.  I did the same thing, sucking sand into my pump I was using to do wc's on my discus tank with a sand bottom.  Tried not to but did it anyway.  Back to syphoning out the door.
Barb

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on March 25, 2015, 02:57:54 PM
Just order a new one.

http://www.diatomfilter.com/

I figure that him ordering a new one is not the problem.  The problem is in the fact that he is kicking himself in the ass for having screwed up the old perfectly good one.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2015, 02:47:45 PM
You gave me a gift of them.  It must have been eggs because I recieved no snails with my snots.  But they were in a BB tank with sponges and easy to spot and kill or suck up with WC.  They can't survive against me in a BB tank with sponges.

No the stupid Malaysian trumpet snails we got with a plant, or something??

I gave you some snails???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Just order a new one.

Considering that I got this one free, from a guy closing his fish room, $169+ looks pretty steep for a replacement.....I can get (3) hot mags for that............but....I do really like the Diatom filters...I still have two std type left to use....
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2015, 03:08:50 PM
Just order a new one.

I figure that him ordering a new one is not the problem.  The problem is in the fact that he is kicking himself in the ass for having screwed up the old perfectly good one.

yep, lots of self butt kick'n going on here.....ouch..ouch...ouch.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on March 25, 2015, 03:25:22 PM

LizStreithorst

Yes, You gave me a gift with the snots.  Must have been eggs cause there were no snails in the bag.  No worries, they're all gone.  I just said it to make the point that they will find any way to survive.  They didn't beat me in a BB with just sponges, though.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 25, 2015, 04:02:50 PM

Yes, You gave me a gift with the snots.  Must have been eggs cause there were no snails in the bag.  No worries, they're all gone.  I just said it to make the point that they will find any way to survive.  They didn't beat me in a BB with just sponges, though.

LOL...ok....I always look to least try and make sure that if the tank has a few, they don't end up as part of the deal too..... ;D.....the rams horns that we have show a red foot print...I've been looking for the blue/green type.......hard to find em now.....????....it's those dang mts's that I hate....our assassin snails are slowly kick'n butt tho... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'd buy some of those for the shop but that's where my Mystery snails live and I don't want to loose them.  I've triedbringing them home but have always ended up sucking them up with WC :(