• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Slow cooker pork roast

Started by Mugwump, August 05, 2015, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..ok...Jan put the pork roast in the slow cooker.....with roasted garlic and herbs....little salt/pepper.....starting to smell hungry in here.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Dija eat yet? How was it?

Got the guys coming for boigers tonight. Girls night out, boys night in.  Trying to think of an interesting way to grill the boigers. Any ideas for me to play with?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 05:25:36 PM
Dija eat yet? How was it?

Got the guys coming for boigers tonight. Girls night out, boys night in.  Trying to think of an interesting way to grill the boigers. Any ideas for me to play with?

Mix a tble spoon of Worcestershire sauce in the meat before making the patties.....juicier... ;D

The pork roast was 'outta sight man'....we had green beans/onion, sliced tomatoes (all from the garden) and mashers..... I am full...but it was so good that I could have eaten more... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Only S&P on the pork roast?  What kind of pork roast?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 05, 2015, 05:58:53 PM
Only S&P on the pork roast?  What kind of pork roast?

no.....roasted garlic and herbs too.....boneless pork roast...
Jon

Ron Sower

I do that sometimes. Tonight I'm using patties that I've patted out and frozen. I will add some Wooster sauce on top as they cook..... and of course....CHEESE..!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

big b

Aww yeah, cheese. Pile on the cheese dude. Tell us how it goes.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 05, 2015, 06:27:50 PM
I do that sometimes. Tonight I'm using patties that I've patted out and frozen. I will add some Wooster sauce on top as they cook..... and of course....CHEESE..!

great !!....love the smell of good burgers cooking.....I only use ground chuck....the flavor can not be beat.....
Jon

Mugwump

...and now I'm having a nice slice of apple pie, with a slice of  NY Xsharp cheddar on top.....MMMmmmm
Jon

Ron Sower

Burgers were good! I grilled some Zukes I'd marinated in a Tuscan style salad dressing, and home cooked fries. Put on a couple Looser Dogs too.

After that was consumed, I did a very simple banana dessert that I've done several times before. Turn all 4 burners up on the grill for 10 minutes. Slice the firm, not over-ripe banana lengthwise, place it skin down on the grill for 5-8 minutes. Turn the burners to medium. After the 5-8 minute turn the bananas over on the other side for 2 minutes. When done put them in a bowl or dish add a scoop(or 2) of vanilla ice cream. THEN pour the magic sauce over the concoction and feast on dessert!

Make the sauce with 3 tablespoons of butter, 1/3 cup of brown sugar and the juice of 2 limes. Mix this in a pan and heat and stir until it's blended well. I like to let it simmer longer to thicken it.

I did a fresh pineapple recently almost the same way. Added a little shake of powder sugared coconut flake over this one!

yummmmmmers!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

On top of that, I had the contractor and his girlfriend, our partner in the flip house, and Miss Lucy come on to my home and I did burgers for lunch for all of us today. We'd been at the flip putting the cabinet doors back on after they'd been painted.

Then tonight....Our close friends Stan and Barb, cooked dinner for us at their house. Totally veggie dinner.....and it was delicious. Fried green beans, Parm crusted baked Zuke strips, a zuke casserole, grilled zuke slices, tomatoes and cukes in oil and vinegar. It's almost midnight here and I'm still stuffed. It was delicious.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron