• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 638
Total: 639

Wisconsin spaghetti....

Started by Mugwump, June 12, 2015, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Ok...so I'm making the sauce, and grab the package with the sausage so as to brown it before tossing it in to cook in the sauce....well??...turns out it was bratwurst, not Italian sausage....sooooooooooo...what the hell....LOL....made it that way anyway.....not bad really....but not again that's for sure.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Hope you had some spices on hand to make up for your mistake.  I've never understood what in the world people find so wonderful about bratwurst.  They taste like cheap hot dogs to me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 12, 2015, 09:08:28 PM
Hope you had some spices on hand to make up for your mistake.  I've never understood what in the world people find so wonderful about bratwurst.  They taste like cheap hot dogs to me.

Cooked right..they're delicious.......................but not in spaghetti.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

sschind

I was going to say what a great way to ruin a brat, putting it in spaghetti sauce but I won't so please disregard that comment.

You have to have the right brand.  Lots of local meat markets make great ones ( best I ever had without a doubt were from Nolecheks meats in Thorp Wisconsin)  but the only decent national brand that I have had in a long time is Johnsonville.  Most of the others have no real taste at all unless they are grilled.  This is the best way to cook brats by far but I'm not firing up a grill to cook a couple of brats and if I do more I just eat them all.  If I'm willing to cook I'll fry them but usually I just put them in the toaster oven which kind of kills the taste so you have to have good ones to start.  I've cooked them in my pizza oven before and they come out pretty good but you have to be very careful because the grease will catch fire and the smoke alarms will go off.

Brats and saurkraut pizza is the bomb though.  I'd take it over Italian sausage any day.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB