• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 05:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Need coffee... hurt ALL over

Started by BallAquatics, January 19, 2017, 05:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I'm sore all over this morning.  In addition to the heavy lifting out at the garage clean-up, I think I pulled something changing out the pump on my rain water collection system.  Coffee will help.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 19, 2017, 05:43:30 AM
I'm sore all over this morning.  In addition to the heavy lifting out at the garage clean-up, I think I pulled something changing out the pump on my rain water collection system.  Coffee will help.  LOL

Dennis

..that was me the other day....yes, coffee will wake you up more, so you can really enjoy that soreness LOL.....

The coffee is great this morn'n...32deg's heading into the 40's with rain moving through for the next few days.....it won't be pretty out there, just all dank and barren looking....

..a few errands and putz'n is about all that'll happen for us.....with more coffee, of course.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..now they're saying that with all the rain that we'll be under a 'flood warning'......frozen soil will produce big runoffs.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Drank ALL the coffee so I switched over to tea.  Feeling much better, perhaps not as good as the bird, but much better. LOL

https://youtu.be/hF7xTTvU2sM

Dennis

Mugwump

...LOL...don't get any feathers in your cup.... :P
Jon

wsantia1

Coffee was great this morning. It is sunny but breezy and cold for now. Going up into the high 50s so that is good. They say that for the month we are about 4 degrees above normal here. Hope that holds up through February.

I have water changes and the rest of my house cleaning to finish. After moving furniture around yesterday I couldn't quite finish my chores.

I have already finished my Taxes for 2016. All I have to do is give them a last look before I press the button to send them out. Last year I got both my refunds within a week. Who knows how long it will take this year. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

waterboy

Coffee is good this morning.  I tried using the IRS on line forms but they would not handle the IRA MRD that I am required to take.  So I just fill out the simple one page form and send it in.  Always careful to take the MRD as big as possible without paying any taxes.  I am too cheap to spend money for something like turbo-tax or H&R Block when the forms are so easy to fill out. Never could understand people spending money to spend money.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wsantia1

I've been using Turbo Tax for over 20 years. For me there is the convenience factor and the last time I had someone do my taxes it cost me over $300 dollars. I used to do my own taxes by hand but I've had several work related re-locations throughout my working career that involved a lot of reimbursements. Very easy to screw yourself out of money or get audited when you mess up.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

greydragon

i understand about being sore while moving things around yesterday i fell and rehurt an old rollerskating injury in my right arm the lady who was there ran away screaming when she saw my wrist it was bent backwards and was touching my arm ,so i put it back where its supposed to be and put my old wrist brace back on and today everything works but it is just sore. but as for coffee i have never tried the stuff

wallace

"The lady who was there ran away screaming..." ,,,,,,,,LOL

Because of the type of work I do, people send me these 1099 forms - it makes it a pain in the ass to do taxes so I use turbotax.

The weather isn't screaming bloody murder outside so I better go get some work done. Yesterday the wind blew a window out in the bird barn and we were out there in the dark last night with our headlamp hats picking up a million bits of glass.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on January 19, 2017, 10:17:30 AM
i understand about being sore while moving things around yesterday i fell and rehurt an old rollerskating injury in my right arm the lady who was there ran away screaming when she saw my wrist it was bent backwards and was touching my arm ,so i put it back where its supposed to be and put my old wrist brace back on and today everything works but it is just sore. but as for coffee i have never tried the stuff

...roller skating......that brings back memories...back in the mid 50's, as a young 10 year old, I did work for my Dad all summer to earn enough to buy my first Chicago skates, semi precision........ |^|.....good times, yup....
Jon

LizStreithorst

That's an injury that almost made me run away screaming just reading about it ???  Do you have unusually flexible joints?  I can't believe that you'll be able to get that to heal with just a wrist brace.  My only injury that required medical care was a bad burn when a radiator hose broke on the tractor and the hot water blew back on my leg.  I took off my jeans and ran the hose on my leg and watched the skin fall off.  Then I drove myself 25 miles to the ER. They filled me full of morphine and cleaned it up and bandaged my leg.  I didn't get high from the morphine, it just took the pain away, but they didn't let me drive home.  I had to call my vet and ask him to drive me home.  Since I was no longer in pain he thought it wasn't that bad.  The next day at work I asked his wife, another vet if she wanted to see it.  Everybody in the clinic gathered around to see as she bandaged me and took a look.  A good time was had by all.  It was very bad.  I proved that I was no sissy woman.

As for taxes I pay to pay.  I pay $250. to my accountant every year and will forever.  I'm not smart enough to do it myself.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Rain here.  There have already been tornados 45 miles north of here, but so far just rain for me.  I did my one dog.  People down this way are afraid of the weather.  They're as bad as my dogs...I made a deposit, paid bills and was home by 11.   I wiped down my remaining open 65 gallon tank and squeezed the filters.  In a bit I'll do a big WC on that tank and move a bunch of baby Angels to it.  In 3 more weeks the wholesaler will take 170 little fish that are ready to go and I'll have 240 gallons of empty tank space to work with.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Sounds bad, hope you are mending OK.  Never tried coffee? Jon must have missed that.  I thought that was one of the requirements for posting on this forum.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 19, 2017, 12:56:38 PM

Sounds bad, hope you are mending OK.  Never tried coffee? Jon must have missed that.  I thought that was one of the requirements for posting on this forum.

..oh I saw it..... |^|... we'll give you a pass... huh
Jon