• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 02, 2024, 02:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,377
  • Total Topics: 18,552
  • Online today: 131
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195

Monday's mumblings

Started by Mugwump, October 09, 2017, 12:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....beautiful day here for us..... |^|.....gorgeous !..sunny and 80's now..... |^|

..it'll be near 20degs cooler tomorrow and calling for better than an inch of rain.....fall is creeping in very slowly this year for sure..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

I always get stuck by something.  It was questions about insurance this time.  How much in health insurance premiums did I pay, and how much did I pay did I pay for insurance other than health insurance.  If I were more normal and didn't get stressed to the point that I can not think right I'd be able to figure it out.  I figured I'd put in the same number for the auto insurance that I paid last year.  I'm think that I pay 90 a month for my medicaid supplement.  Does that sound right or is it way off?  All I want to do is get close enough to the truth not to set off red flags.  $90 a month comes out of my checking account every month for something.

I can't handle any more of this stress.  I have lied to the lady who works for my CPA and to Dale who I told I would send a fish box to.  I never say something that is not true, but I've done it twice today :(  I am a bad person because I put everything I hate off.

Dale won't mind.  He won't be shipping until next Monday.  After a bit of w!w and mim  I won't be too stressed to measure and cut the Styrofam for his fish box.  I won't be chilled out enough to train Bruno.  He's so sensitive that he would feel that I was stress and that would stress him.  Training should always be fun.  I hate that what I told the lady at my CPA was not true :(

I don't have dogs on the book tomorrow.  I will get this done early and drive all my reasonable numbers to my tax man tomorrow in the am.  The dread monkey will be off back and I'll promise myself that I'll get it done by April 15th next year.

Ron, you're having to wait until tomorrow too, aren't you?  Sucks, Doesn't it?

waterboy

I always did my own taxes. When I got out of the service and supporting a small family I couldn't afford to pay anyone to do them.  After that I found it didn't make sense to pay someone else for what I could do myself.  I found that one thing that helps a lot was to keep track of things during the year. I would throw everything tax related into an old shoe box and at tax time sit down and sort it all out.  If you have medicare, the gov't takes 100 and something out of your social security check each month.  We have added a medicare suppliment plan that costs us $24 a month.  Maybe you should check what that $90 is for, might be for insurance that you don't need any more. 

No I am not worried. Take your time and get yourself unstressed before worrying about fish. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Thanks for being nice to me, Dale.  I sure can get myself into a state by putting things off.

I called a dear friend and she 'splained to me about what I didn't understand.  She said that medicare part A comes out of my SS with me never knowing. The $90. a month was what I was paying for the supplement.  I gave her all the information that I should have been able to figure out on my own and handed me the answer on a silver platter.  What a lady!

Seeing a bunch of numbers and making them make sense to me makes my head spin.  I am as well organized as I can be which is not well organized.  I've been this way for as long I can remember.  I won't change.  The important thing is I get done what I need to do before I draw attention to myself.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 04:09:03 PM
Thanks for being nice to me, Dale.  I sure can get myself into a state by putting things off.

I called a dear friend and she 'splained to me about what I didn't understand.  She said that medicare part A comes out of my SS with me never knowing. The $90. a month was what I was paying for the supplement.  I gave her all the information that I should have been able to figure out on my own and handed me the answer on a silver platter.  What a lady!

Seeing a bunch of numbers and making them make sense to me makes my head spin.  I am as well organized as I can be which is not well organized.  I've been this way for as long I can remember.  I won't change.  The important thing is I get done what I need to do before I draw attention to myself.

...I, too, continually throw tax relayed receipts, etc. in a shoe box...and I sort it by categories...then....total them... gather it all up for the tax CPA.....that's it....he's paid to make sense of it all...... ;)

Dale...Medicare supplement for $24/mo...??......may I ask with whom?......or is that just prescription...??
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 03:02:51 PM
...just emailed it off about 15 minutes ago...I'll get the one thing I need tomorrow and send that to her...

...I also redid the rental agreements for the two lots we have rented...they were written with the former owner as the landlord...prudence dictated that we get things right to start with...I talked to one tenant-to-be and he wants to keep the place long term for the winter months...that's a good thing!..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 09, 2017, 06:35:13 PM
...just emailed it off about 15 minutes ago...I'll get the one thing I need tomorrow and send that to her...

...I also redid the rental agreements for the two lots we have rented...they were written with the former owner as the landlord...prudence dictated that we get things right to start with...I talked to one tenant-to-be and he wants to keep the place long term for the winter months...that's a good thing!..

...'prudence' was right  ;)
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2017, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 09, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

...'prudence' was right  ;)
...and now I'm off to the hot tub before I come home a grill some dead cow...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2017, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 09, 2017, 04:09:03 PM
Dale...Medicare supplement for $24/mo...??......may I ask with whom?......or is that just prescription...??

AARP Medicare Complete, thru United Health Care.   www.MyAARPMedicare.com 

Most common prescriptions are $6 but there are co-pays for doctor visits etc.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.