• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 614
Total: 614

Could it be?

Started by LizStreithorst, September 16, 2014, 03:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I came home from work to day to find all these little wigglers on the bottom of the tank and on the lip of the cone and they're WHITE!  There are lots more on the cone but I don't expect free swimming until tomorrow.

Could it be that my HB's have been carrying around this albino gene for all these generations and I never noticed it?  Good Lord, this is not what I expected!  Albino HB's don't ring my bell, and some of these should be ps, as well.  The parents are both veils so I will get super veils.  I don't care much for super veils either unless they're fins are very very strong.

I have this pair listed on Aquabid but nobody has bought them.  I may take the auction down because this is so unexpected and I want to see what I get.  Imagine HB albino pearl scales :o  I've turned off the light above the tank so as not to hurt their poor weak eyes.

This is just too weird.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 16, 2014, 03:50:11 PM
I came home from work to day to find all these little wigglers on the bottom of the tank and on the lip of the cone and they're WHITE!  There are lots more on the cone but I don't expect free swimming until tomorrow.

Could it be that my HB's have been carrying around this albino gene for all these generations and I never noticed it?  Good Lord, this is not what I expected!  Albino HB's don't ring my bell, and some of these should be ps, as well.  The parents are both veils so I will get super veils.  I don't care much for super veils either unless they're fins are very very strong.

I have this pair listed on Aquabid but nobody has bought them.  I may take the auction down because this is so unexpected and I want to see what I get.  Imagine HB albino pearl scales :o  I've turned off the light above the tank so as not to hurt their poor weak eyes.

This is just too weird.

Cue "Twilight Zone" music.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good luck with those Liz.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm not sure about them yet.   After I turned the tank light off, the parents blew them back on the cone where they don't look white.  I expect that I made a mistake.  It would be so terribly unlikely to be the case after all my generations.  But they sure did look white when they were on the lip of the cone and on the tank floor, and it sure would be cool.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 16, 2014, 06:52:14 PM
I'm not sure about them yet.   After I turned the tank light off, the parents blew them back on the cone where they don't look white.  I expect that I made a mistake.  It would be so terribly unlikely to be the case after all my generations.  But they sure did look white when they were on the lip of the cone and on the tank floor, and it sure would be cool.

Stranger things have happened........don't throw in the towel just yet?....put on those 'ruby slippers' , click your heels together three times, and make a wish  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson