• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:09:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Kickin' back.....

Started by BallAquatics, August 27, 2013, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Nothing beats the sound of vinyl - Dennis

Mugwump

Nope, right you are.....vinyl rules  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Next up America...

Lots of great music on this album.

Dennis

Mugwump

Another fine album....thanks
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

We dragged out an old "record player" and albums at my Dad's a few months ago. We played very old records...Frankie Lane, Tennessee Ernie Ford, The Ink Spots, some of the big bands stuff.  My sister hated it which made it even more fun.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 28, 2013, 05:37:41 PM
We dragged out an old "record player" and albums at my Dad's a few months ago. We played very old records...Frankie Lane, Tennessee Ernie Ford, The Ink Spots, some of the big bands stuff.  My sister hated it which made it even more fun.

LOL...sibling hijinks never go out of style  ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

My Dad says I had a rocking horse that I would bounce clear off the floor for Frankie Lane.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Johnny Ray ....?? ..Harmonicats ??...Les Paul ??...Perry Como ??...Rosemary Clooney ??..Four Lads ??....I can go on and on....
Jon

BallAquatics

Too far back for me Mug.....  My sister is 7 years older than me so I remember back to around 1962.  I was five in 1962.

I must have heard this at least 10000 times on one of those old brown record players that closed up like a suitcase.

Dennis

PaulineMi

Johnny Angel...I totally remember that one.

I had a brown suitcase "record player ".  It was an Emerson.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

I'm not sure what kind my sister had, but I do know it was years before I forgave Shelley Fabares for making my life so miserable! LOL  Isn't that other lady in the video Lassie's mom?

Dennis

Mugwump

No that's Donna Reed...it was the 'Donna Reed show'......Shelly Fabares was in the cast....you're thinking of June Lockheart.....
Jon