• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Tuesday - August 1st

Started by wsantia1, August 01, 2023, 07:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today is going to be another beautiful day here with the high temp getting up to 83 degrees with plenty of sunshine.

Not much is on today's agenda except for paying bills and doing some house cleaning so when I finish that I will get outside and enjoy the nice day.

Usually at the beginning of August my grass has turned brown due to drought conditions but this year my grass is green and overgrown because of the rare July storms we got hit with recently. Normally we get those storms in late May and June but this year the drought came in June and July was wetter than usual. huh

It's time for me to get moving so hopefully you will all have a great day and I'll check in on you later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Good afternoon Willie and anyone else who checks in!  We're having some wonderful weather here in Ohio too.  Low 80's with lots of blue sky and sunshine.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Have a great day!

wsantia1

Hi Dennis. It's 80 degrees with low humidity here. One of the best weather days that we've had this year. Except for doing water changes on the Discus and a couple of other tanks, I've been outside all day. Last week when we were in the high 90s with plenty of humidity I did not go out at all. huh mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie and Dennis! It is also a bit cooler yesterday and today here.  Humidity lower too, which sure helps.  Liz and Ron I know you both are soooo hot.  Liz with humidity too, Ron with almost none.  Big difference!  Weeds were out of control in my front bed, formerly my lawn, and way too many and high to Round Up safely.  So I spent several hours over 4 days, with mostly my left hand, pulling them up. Looks much better now, until a new batch grows.  I always get the roots, but probably millions of seeds waiting to sprout out there.  I have had my best ever tomato crop, hundreds of cherry and over a dozen nice bigger ones. And they are good, not tough or dry.  Fish all well, cats too.  The 2 who were iffy healthwise seem to be fine now.  Who knows........
Liz I will call you soon for a chat,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hail hail, the gang's all here.  Hi friends.  My 3 little AC's are not able to keep ahead of this dome of heat.  It's still tolerable, at least.

I felt on top of the world after a good night's sleep last night, but after making a macacroni salad, and scurbbing the bedroom carpet plus vacuuming I was tired and hurting by afternoon.  I lay down at 3 to take an hour nap.  I was shocked!  I got down to the fish room and got the Discus tanks plus one of my ram tanks done before the tank lights went off I'm ashamed.  Tomorrow's the dentist.  I have no choice but to go.  I've put it off for too long.  Thank God I don't have a toothache from having waited soo long.  I know that I have teeth on the verge of abscess.

That's it for me.  I'll see you folks tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 01, 2023, 12:04:46 PM
Good afternoon Willie and anyone else who checks in!  We're having some wonderful weather here in Ohio too.  Low 80's with lots of blue sky and sunshine.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Have a great day!
Are you getting windshield time in on your bike(s)?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 02, 2023, 10:34:35 PM
[Are you getting windshield time in on your bike(s)?

Hi Ron, as of 07/28/2023 I've got 5774 miles spread out over 4 bikes.  The health problems have put a damper on my riding the last couple of months.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 03, 2023, 01:54:02 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 02, 2023, 10:34:35 PM
[Are you getting windshield time in on your bike(s)?

Hi Ron, as of 07/28/2023 I've got 5774 miles spread out over 4 bikes.  The health problems have put a damper on my riding the last couple of months.
that's a lot of riding!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron