• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 06:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

Worried about Google tracking? You should worry more about your Smart Phone Apps

Started by BallAquatics, February 13, 2017, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Mugwump

...there are many 'fb's' out there sucking up everything we say.......... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Yep, it's always amazed me how folks worry about someplace like Google tracking their on-line activity, but pay NO attention to what these phone providers and apps are doing.  Oh well, what is it that Ron's tag line says.....  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Fresh Air just did a story on it.  I'm one of the lucky few.  I'm not smart enough to get the most from my phone.  Except for the wonderful GPS I only use it as a phone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 13, 2017, 04:24:01 PM
...  Except for the wonderful GPS I only use it as a phone.

Same here.  I came close to getting a smart phone when I changes providers last fall, but decoded against it.  Hell I sit in front of a workstation 10 or 12 hours a day,  I sure don't need a phone to get on the internet...  LOL

Dennis