• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:04:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 501
Total: 501

Thursday things..

Started by Mugwump, October 24, 2019, 04:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..'Pumpkin Fest' begins today.... :)

..whatcha gott going on folks?  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..off to drop off Jan, and stuff, over by Aut's place......pretty cold out here still but they want to get things set up,, huh

....brb
Jon

Mugwump

..#2 son Matt is helping me put some new ceiling drywall in the small bedroom.....shouldn't take long...the old is out...some new insulation is installed....now to close 'er up in a few... :) |^| :)

..it had some water stains and a bit of sagging, soft spots, from a gutter ice damn ...wasn't bad but we just decided to redo it before we paint.....
Jon

Ron Sower

...ugh...overhead drywalling...That's a pain...!

I paintefd the back of my tank black a few days ago...Lucy and I both hate going into the room now and seeing just a black back of the tank facing us....so this morning I peeled it off...! MUCH BETTER...! |^|

Just putzing now...that shed is still waiting on me to attack it and clean it out and reorganize it... just can't get motivated...would rather read!... :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I had to replace the door on my chicken house.  It was made from wafer board and not intended to be exposed to weather and it was rotting.  I was leaving it open at night.  I figured that if a possum got in and I lost a hen I'd know it was time to replace it.  Instead I had an attack of what must have been coyotes because 10 or my chickens were taken.  There were feathers and chicken parts around.

I knew it would be hard on my body but I was just putting the door up when my grooming customer showed up.  The top of the new door needed to have an inch taken off the top to make it fit perfectly.  He offered to do it for me while I groomed his dog.  All I had left to do when he got done was put on the door latch.  Nice man.  My chickens will be safe now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 24, 2019, 02:04:02 PM

...yes it was...and is a pain......the house had settled which left it a bit out of plumb all over.....so it was measure, cut and try to fit....trim a touch,,,try again....yada yada....standing on a ladder juggling dry wall sheets is a young man sport....trust me  :).....I have a few aches where I've never ached before.....besides having a sore back and shoulders....however, it's nothing that a good hot shower, a few Advil, and a bowl of sunshine, and a good nights sleep won't fix.....at least I hope so....LOL

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 24, 2019, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 24, 2019, 02:04:02 PM

...yes it was...and is a pain......the house had settled which left it a bit out of plumb all over.....so it was measure, cut and try to fit....trim a touch,,,try again....yada yada....standing on a ladder juggling dry wall sheets is a young man sport....trust me  :).....I have a few aches where I've never ached before.....besides having a sore back and shoulders....however, it's nothing that a good hot shower, a few Advil, and a bowl of sunshine, and a good nights sleep won't fix.....at least I hope so....LOL
...Yup...I did it 3 years ago when we moved in here and built my room on...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That was very hard work, Mug.  Drywall is a bitch especially if it needs to be trimmed to fit.  I don't think that I could have done that with only my little old self.

Mugwump

....aahhh.....a nice hot long shower with the shower head a pulsing away.....feels much better now  |^|.....the Advil kicked in,,, :)

..you and I, Liz ....are a lot alike in that respect.....we'll do it as long as we can.....then do it some more because we know we have to.....because "can't" isn't part of our vocabulary..

Jon

LizStreithorst

My English mother would say, "Must do is a good master."  I never heard anyone else say that, but it sure is true.