• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:45:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 627
Total: 627

Big bad weather

Started by LizStreithorst, December 23, 2014, 03:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'll tell you what we can get hard storms here down south.  The winds and driving rain have quit for now and the internet is working for me again.  In Ellisville the Tornado siren went off as I was leaving work.  They overuse the thing.  Their was one confirmed 20 miles north, but it was headed north. 

Most of the dogs around me are just around me lieing down, not panting in panic.  (the ones that are afraid of weather tought the ones who were not to be afraid ::))  I kinda enjoy a good hard storm.  All I ask is that if a torando comes and takes my house it will take me with it :-[

None of the dogs stood me up today and I have a full day tomorrow ;D  Life is good. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2014, 03:53:01 PM
I'll tell you what we can get hard storms here down south.  The winds and driving rain have quit for now and the internet is working for me again.  In Ellisville the Tornado siren went off as I was leaving work.  They overuse the thing.  Their was one confirmed 20 miles north, but it was headed north. 

Most of the dogs around me are just around me lieing down, not panting in panic.  (the ones that are afraid of weather tought the ones who were not to be afraid ::))  I kinda enjoy a good hard storm.  All I ask is that if a torando comes and takes my house it will take me with it :-[

None of the dogs stood me up today and I have a full day tomorrow ;D  Life is good.

I'm glad that you checked in safe and sound....I saw your radar and, it looked nasty.....

It sounds like your area will have the prettiest dogs around for Xmas.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just heard that Columbia MS got hit bad with a tornado.  Houses destroyed, power lines down, main highways blocked with fallen trees.  Poor folks looking forward to the holidays with no power and some with no houses.  No word yet if there were deaths.  I hope not.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 23, 2014, 04:15:55 PM
I just heard that Columbia MS got hit bad with a tornado.  Houses destroyed, power lines down, main highways blocked with fallen trees.  Poor folks looking forward to the holidays with no power and some with no houses.  No word yet if there were deaths.  I hope not.

That type of thing is a tragedy any time of the year but is especially heartbreaking at Christmas.   Those poor souls.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Yes, it's bummer when those storms blow through anywhere......I hope folks are ok around there....you can replace a house....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Glad to hear you are OK Liz.  We get it later tonight and tomorrow, while it is 70 degrees here.  Very odd weather here.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on December 23, 2014, 04:49:41 PM
Glad to hear you are OK Liz.  We get it later tonight and tomorrow, while it is 70 degrees here.  Very odd weather here.
Barb

Our weather???...and come on back, Willie...the snow misses you... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

===================>

Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 am to 9 PM CST Wednesday...

Tonight
Cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light rain or light snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening shifting to the north after midnight.
snow    
Wednesday
Snow or rain likely in the morning...then snow and a slight chance of rain in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches. Temperatures nearly steady in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
?
Wednesday Night
Cloudy. A 40 percent chance of snow in the evening. Lows in the upper 20s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the evening.
Jon

wsantia1

Glad you are OK Liz and it's great that none of your customers stood you up.  If I were close by I would sure drop Kobe off for a nice grooming by you. ;D ;D ;D

As for going back to the Chicago area in  the winter. ??? No thank you Jon. ::) I am sure that we will eventually get hit here in Delaware but it will be a much milder blow and with a much shorter time frame. Winter here is 3 months not 6 months like in Chicagoland. lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 23, 2014, 05:16:01 PM
As for going back to the Chicago area in  the winter. ??? No thank you Jon. ::) I am sure that we will eventually get hit here in Delaware but it will be a much milder blow and with a much shorter time frame. Winter here is 3 months not 6 months like in Chicagoland. lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

*chuckle*....you know you enjoy snow blowing on a stormy day..... ;D....
Jon

LizStreithorst

4 dead here in Mississippi,  2 not far north of me here in Jones county.  My power never even went out .  These tornados are so hit and miss.  When they hit they hit big.  They generally aim for trailer parks.  They'll decimate a bunch of house trailers just for the joy of it.  They rarely aim for the rich poeple.

PaulineMi

I think it's also because the trailers are more fragile than a stick built house that they end up with so much damage. How sad to have tornadoes at Christmas time.

Glad that you are okay Liz.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Mother Nature can be so cruel.  Stay safe Liz.
Barb

Barb

All OK Liz?  We got lots of rain over night but not much wind.  It will rain all day today too.  It is 68 deg. right now, very weird indeed.
Barb

Mugwump

I thought I saw her pop in earlier...??.....but she's got a lot of dog bookings too, so she'll hopefully be busy.....??
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm fine, Barb.  After the big wind and rain in late afternoon it calmed down.  Very little rain during the night.  The sun was out earlier this morning but it's back to being overcast now.  Hope it doesn't rain latter.  I need to buy hay.