• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

Old Faithful

Started by LizStreithorst, December 14, 2014, 06:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It turns out that I have to talk to a person on the phone.  I know that I qualfy for an exemption because MS didn't expand medicade.  I have an ID number that says I started an application, but I can't find a way to get back to it.  I'm having to hold on the phone for 20 minutes when I wanted to be down doing a WC.  All this, to save a lousy 100 bucks and to know that I tried to get something I want that my state has denied me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

30 minutes on hold so far.  I'll give it another 15 min. before I say screw it and opt to pay the penalty.

LizStreithorst

What a disapointment.  I held all that time just to find out that this year I don't qualify for an exemption.  "affordable health insurance" will cost me $800. a month.  I'll pay the fucking penality.  This program was supposed to help people like me who scrape along.  Obomacare can go screw itself as far as I'm concerned.  Forgive my dirty language.  I'm pissed.  What I get for trying to do the right thing is a nice day off ruined >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2014, 03:13:12 PM
What a disapointment.  I held all that time just to find out that this year I don't qualify for an exemption.  "affordable health insurance" will cost me $800. a month.  I'll pay the fucking penality.  This program was supposed to help people like me who scrape along.  Obomacare can go screw itself as far as I'm concerned.  Forgive my dirty language.  I'm pissed.  What I get for trying to do the right thing is a nice day off ruined >:(

Obamacare is not what screwed it up.....it was the state's like Mississippi opting out of the programs offered.....that's what kept the price high. States opting in get the government subsidies to lower your cost, in most cases, to way less than regular premiums..and $800 divided by 12..is only about $67 per month.....no bad
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Hey Jon, you think it could also be all the waivers they gave to unions and Hussein's cronies? Affordable by eyeball. I have had great insurance through my wife's job. So much for that. To meet the unAffordable Care Act they cut a bunch of stuff, raised the price and I pay more OOP.
The "Affordable Care Act" was never affordable. Numbers are made up. Its sole purpose is to bring us to a single payer system.
But hey, I am from the government and I am here to help.

Jon you may want to look at Liz's numbers again. That's $800 per MONTH not year.

And I am done on the political soap box because I don't want to get kicked off a site I really like. Carry on.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I need to do a water change.  I'm disgusted and depressed.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on December 15, 2014, 03:39:12 PM
Hey Jon, you think it could also be all the waivers they gave to unions and Hussein's cronies? Affordable by eyeball. I have had great insurance through my wife's job. So much for that. To meet the unAffordable Care Act they cut a bunch of stuff, raised the price and I pay more OOP.

But hey, I am from the government and I am here to help.

I agree, in some states, it's a disaster....I had Jan's insurance, for supplement,  while she was still working.....now we're both on Medicare....and our supplement insurance is no where near that cheap....but regular folks here in Illinois are getting a great deal $$$ wise through the state/Fed programs....I think we all got a little spoiled by our/spouses work insurance....when that disappears, as it will for everyone someday, it's a sticker shock.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I was on my husbands for a long time.  After he retired I bought my own.  I considered it a necessity even though I only used it once.  I could afford it back then, but back then it was way cheaper and I was making more money.

I'll go do a WC now.  It will do me good.

LizStreithorst

Back to Old Faithful...

My Public Radio station here in MS is good.  They have programs on different subjects that you can call in and ask about things you can't solve and they have experts that either know the answer or will look it up fast and tell you the answer while you're still on the air talking to them.

I told the tech lady about Google Chrome telling me that Old Faithful's hardware wasn't good enough for it any more.  She had to look up the answer to my problem, but she found it :D.  She told me to go to Oldapps.com and I'd be able to find an version of Chrome that Old Faithful will be comfortable with ;D ;D ;D ;D  I haven't done it yet.  I have horses and fish and eating myself first, but I'll do it before the night's out.  IE isn't the worst thing that has ever existed (that's Windows 8) but I like Chrome better and it has my beloved spell check :-[

LizStreithorst

The lady on the radio was wrong :(  Google no longer offers a version that was made before 2014.  They have it, but it is no longer available for download.  Screw them.  IE works well enough for Old Faithful.  How dare they try to make me buy a whole new PC when the one I have works well?  I'll buy a new desk top when Old Faithful gives up the ghost, not before.  I'll install XP on it as well as Microsoft Office Pictures.  Everything after XP is not good as far as I'm concerned >:(

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon you may want to look at Liz's numbers again. That's $800 per MONTH not year.

oops....you're right....so I went a looking.....
....here's why MS is so high......only two companies have agreed to set up as Ins. exchanges there because of the state's already high health costs, etc.....it would likely still be higher yet without the ACA.....$800 does still sound a bit high, when the average cost is about half that costs...??

http://msbusiness.com/businessblog/2013/09/25/feds-mississippians-will-pay-among-steepest-obamacare-rates-u-s/
Jon

LizStreithorst

We had only one last year.  It's not that.  Last year I didn't have to pay the penality.  This year I made $1,200 dollars more.  I was proud of that, but it has hurt me.  I actually had to pay a few hundred in income tax, I'm suddenly too rich to get avoid the penality.  I'm still pissed off about it, but it's not like I'm sick so it doesn't matter.  One more  year I can get medicare.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on December 15, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

Obamacare is not what screwed it up.....it was the state's like Mississippi opting out of the programs offered.....that's what kept the price high. States opting in get the government subsidies to lower your cost, in most cases, to way less than regular premiums..and $800 divided by 12..is only about $67 per month.....no bad

Jon, it was $800 a month!  I even said to the lady on the phone that I'd be better off paying the penality.  How can they possibly think that I have that much left over every month?

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on December 17, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

oops....you're right....so I went a looking.....
....here's why MS is so high......only two companies have agreed to set up as Ins. exchanges there because of the state's already high health costs, etc.....it would likely still be higher yet without the ACA.....$800 does still sound a bit high, when the average cost is about half that costs...??

http://msbusiness.com/businessblog/2013/09/25/feds-mississippians-will-pay-among-steepest-obamacare-rates-u-s/

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 22, 2014, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on December 15, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

Jon, it was $800 a month!  I even said to the lady on the phone that I'd be better off paying the penality.  How can they possibly think that I have that much left over every month?

Yep...corrected myself above.....and yep, way too much $$$$$'s
Jon