• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:56:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Old Faithful

Started by LizStreithorst, December 14, 2014, 06:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I'm afraid that she may have breathed her last breath.  First Google Chrome wouldn't work.  After I uninstalled it, nothing would work.  email wouldn't work.  Internet explorer would launch but do nothing.  My virus software would not update.  I'm    leaving Old Faithful disconnected overnight in hopes that she will self heal. 

I've driven into town to pick up this laptop that I hate.  I need it so I can apply once again and be rejected once again for Obamacare.  I'm too poor for Obamacare and too poor for medicaid.  If I don't get officially and get the letter letting me off the hook, I'll have to pay the penality >:(

One more year 'till medicare.  I can't wait.  I hate having to jump through hoops without reward.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

At least I got to do a good deed on my way home.  A young lady's car was broke down on highway 11.  I stopped.  She wasn't flagging down cars or anything, but I could see that she was in distress.  She was so grateful.  She said that nobody kept stopping and she couldn't walk for help because her kids were in the car.  Right outside a small town in rural MS nobody stopped.  I'm ashamed of us.  All she wanted was to use my cell phone. 

Her car was running well, so I asked what was wrong.  It was the transmission.  Poor thing.  You know she wouldn't be driving around with a bad transmission if she could afford to have if fixed.  It's not like they totally fail without warning.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Way to go Liz....! You're a true mensch!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

Good job Liz. I wish more folks around here would do that. But you don't know if you are going to get robed or shot if you stop here.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

Good news!  Old faithful just needed a good night's sleep.  She works this morning.  Isn't that something?

Around here nobody gets robbed or shot.  That's why I was amazed that nobody stopped to help the girl. 

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I guess that I'm stuck with Internet Explorer.  I tried to download Google Chrome after uninstalling it when it went bonkers on me.  It said that Old faithful doesn't meet Chrome's basic hardware requirements.  It met basic requirements for years but not now ???  IE isn't that bad but it doesn't come with spell check.  I'm dyslexic and need it otherwise I come across as stupid.

greydragon

do you know how much the penality is for not having Obamacare or any insurence is?

LizStreithorst

If I'm not mistaken, it's $95. or 3% of your income which ever is highest.

greydragon

well then it would be 95 dollars for me lol as that is more than 3% of my yearly income

LizStreithorst

It's $95. for me too, but that's $95. I don't want to have to pay.  I'm working on it now.  The website is way better than last year, but this being the last day everything might not work great because of huge volume.  It just told me that there was something wrong with my system ??? and to log out so I did.  I hate this kind of stuff.   I'll try again on Old Faithful and if it says the same thing I'll try again on the laptop that I hate.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2014, 01:09:32 PM
It's $95. for me too, but that's $95. I don't want to have to pay.  I'm working on it now.  The website is way better than last year, but this being the last day everything might not work great because of huge volume.  It just told me that there was something wrong with my system ??? and to log out so I did.  I hate this kind of stuff.   I'll try again on Old Faithful and if it says the same thing I'll try again on the laptop that I hate.

Clear your cookies, Liz.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't know how to do that Muggers :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2014, 01:23:42 PM
I don't know how to do that Muggers :-[

While in IE.....select 'tools' ....then click the 'internet options'.....you'll see where you can delete cookies,history, yada yada....
Jon