• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 395
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Crock pot chicken/dumplings

Started by Mugwump, August 24, 2017, 02:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can chicken broth
2 cans cream of chicken
sliced carrots
sliced celery
1/2 can peas
1/2 onion
crumbled bacon
parsley
garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 can flaky biscuits

Method

Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot

Pour chicken broth and both cream of chickens over it

Add in carrots, celery and onion. How much ever you prefer

Add in garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley flakes over it, how much ever you prefer

Cook on high for 3 hours

Remove chicken and shred. Add the chicken back in with some crumbled bacon and the peas, stir together.

Break up the flaky biscuits, uncooked, and put in the crockpot. I break each roll in about 3 parts and just place them on top.

Remain cooking for another hour or so on high or until done. Enjoy!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

That looks to be good and easy to do...two primary ingredients for me... |^| |eat| |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 24, 2017, 03:00:53 PM
That looks to be good and easy to do...two primary ingredients for me... |^| |eat| |eat|

....hell, I could just eat dumplings and gravy.....LOL.....'black strap' drizzled over the top...MMMMmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2017, 03:04:32 PM

....hell, I could just eat dumplings and gravy.....LOL.....'black strap' drizzled over the top...MMMMmmmmm
...is black strap a brand of molasses?..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 24, 2017, 11:00:55 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 24, 2017, 03:04:32 PM

...is black strap a brand of molasses?..

...yup..... |^|
Jon