• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 06:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Lighter food

Started by LizStreithorst, June 17, 2016, 02:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's 95 today with the heat index 105.  It's brutal and it's not even officially summer yet!  Sunday will be nice, just 86 then back to the oppressive heat.  Almost no chance of rain for over a week!

I generally like to cook stuff that sticks to my ribs, I guess since I only eat once a day.  But I've decided to cook lighter for now.  I do my big shopping on Saturdays.  I'll be making baked catfish with coleslaw, stuffed peppers, and chicken salad with a store bought rotisserie chicken.  I'll save the chicken carcass and a good bit of the meat to make stock for chicken soup that I will freeze. 

Next weekend I will cook my pickled beef tongue.  It will have been in the brine for 13 days!  If it's not to die for I will be totally pissed off.  It's good hot, but even better cold on sandwiches or just sliced with potato salad.
Always move forward. Never look back.