• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 774
Total: 774

Guess who's coming home...

Started by LizStreithorst, May 19, 2015, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The saga continues.  I know that nobody cares about this but me.  I care.

Chip was actually open when I drove by this morning.  I didn't bitch him out but I most certainly did not have a smile on my face.  I told him what happened and he was disgusted.  All that work for nothing...the regualtor is fine.  The problem was with the metal inserts to the window seals.  He showed me how mine were all buggered up.  It's the part that is so hard to find.  He said that he could give me the ones out of his truck but they're made in China and aren't worth a shit.  He has to hold his window by hand as he raises it ::)

I got off work early today and when I came home I was on a mission.  I searched and searched and then found this:  http://www.usa1industries.com/product.php?productid=19944&cat=285&page=1
I got all excited and drove back into Ellisville to show Chip.  He said that it doesn't say where they are made.  Most likely in China, but we don't know. At this point I don't care.  Even if they're junk it's better that a window that falls to the bottom of the door when I roll it up.  If they're crap parts and I need to roll up gently with my hand on the window I will do it.

Charlotte's windows, my computer, and the last straw, the other 100 gallon that sprung a leak, had me dreaming all night last night about being frustrated at every turn.  At least I got one thing on the way to being fixed.  I've got the 100 gallon all dry.  Tomorrow looks like another slow day so I'll tackle it tomorrow.  I expect to fail.  I've become accostomed to being foiled at every turn.  I think that I don't handle life's frustrations as well as most :-[
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

All will turn out well I'm sure.....then a long, long period of nothing screwing up is on the horizon.. ;D.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson