• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 747

Guess who's coming home...

Started by LizStreithorst, May 19, 2015, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

After being away for about 8 weeks?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

The guy who bought your half blacks??....or your computer guy?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Guess again.  She's been away for so long and my man finally got sick of me nagging him and needs the space.  Well hell, if he was so desperate for space he should have fixed her 4 weeks ago ::)  He was inside her when I went to nag him today.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 19, 2015, 03:29:58 PM
Guess again.  She's been away for so long and my man finally got sick of me nagging him and needs the space.  Well hell, if he was so desperate for space he should have fixed her 4 weeks ago ::)  He was inside her when I went to nag him today.

Ah, Charlotte...... ;D....cool
Jon

LizStreithorst

She's my pride and joy.  I hate to think of how much she will cost me but money doesn't matter as much when one is in love with one's truck 8)

LizStreithorst

She's home!  She's home!  My baby is home where she belongs ;D ;D ;D  Her windows go up and down (they needed every window guts part)  The clutch works (clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder)  New radio, 2 lbs of freon and find and fix the leak,  windshield wiper motor repair,  a pulley, drivebelt tensioner and belt.  He tried to replace the instrument panel with a couple he had in reserve so I would have gauges rather than idiot lights.  He thought that they were all the same but they aren't.  He could have made it work but it would have cost a fortune in labor. Then tried to fix the gas gauge and their was nothing wrong with it.  The problem was in the sending unit which is in the gas tank.  Unfortunately it is only available if you buy a fuel pump which seems rather unfair.  So that I did without.  I'll keep carrying a 2 gallon gas can around in the bed.  He forgot to change the oil, but it was a little early, so I'll take her back for that after he's done with The Beast.

She runs beautifully.  That sound I was hearing that sometimes I was sure was an engine knock and sometimes was sure was not, turned out to be the drivebelt tensioner.

I just looked at the receipt again and see that he forgot to charge me for all the window stuff.  I'll call him tomorrow and let him know.  It seemed like he did a lot of stuff for $783.  He may have taken his good sweet time getting around her, but he always does a good job.  I sure don't want to screw him.  He's a 3rd generation auto mechanic.

Mugwump

I'm glad that you got your lady back......feels good to have yours wheels again, huh?.... 8)
Jon

Barb

Good news Liz, and seems you got a lot for your $$$. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

I am pissed off >:( >:( >:(  My man didn't fix my windows.  I rolled up the driver's side window when I got home today.  It went all wonky and although I tried my best to put it back but couldn't get it and it fell down into the door >:( >:( >:( >:(.  I went by his shop this morning to tell him that he didn't charge me for them.  When I went back this afternoon he didn't have my bill ready.  Thank God.  I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a piss poor job >:(

Chip told me way back all the parts that they needed.  JR PM'd me exactly what they cost and where to get them.   This was a while back and I couldn't have it done then because I ran out of money.  I've looked at all my past PM's (I have deleted none).  I looked thoroughly twice and could find nothing.  I also went through his posts and couldn't find it there.  Then I searched "Charlotte" and could find nothing there >:(

Charlotte now has a feed sack in her window in case it rains and I am not happy.

LizStreithorst

It's raining ::)  Thank God for feed sacks ::)

It was a good thing that Chip had closed by the time I got home.  I was furious.  It's also a good thing that he's off Friday Saturday and Sunday, and I'm off Sunday through until Tuesday.  I'll have several days to cool off.  Perhaps he thought that he could fix them without buying all the internal works.  The regulators alone cost $160. each.  And then there was the track, which I think he replaced because it was all new and fuzzy.  There was the seal which even the junk yards don't take out.  I think that's all that JR told me.  Perhaps JR emailed me the info.  If so, it's long gone..... :'(

I think that what I need are new regulators which as far as I can tell is the cranking up mechanism.  All I know is that I want my windows to work.  I told him that I have money.  The thing I was most excited about when I got her back were windows that worked. followed by the radio.  That the engine things would be right was a given.

I'm pretty sure that when I see Chip Tuesday morning I will be able to be civil.  I hope that it rains Tuesday morning so I can show him that I'm driving her with a feed sack in her window.  It hurts my feelings so much to be seen driving around in Charlotte, who I love, and have her look like an unloved, old piece of shit.

Mugwump

I had an old Buick Electra 225 like that....never could get all the windows working right....finally got the two front ones working good and left the back ones up most the time...... ;D.....but the radio worked, heater worked....and with the big engine it cruised really nice.... ;D....
Jon

LizStreithorst

My windows are going to work, period.  I only have two.  I will not drive a piece of junk with a feed sack in the window.  If Chip can't do it, and I know that he can, I'll find someone who can do it.  (sorry, I'm still angry.  perhaps a soak in the tub will work :-[)

LizStreithorst