• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 04:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,338
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 673
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 659
Total: 659

Win 10.....

Started by Mugwump, October 25, 2015, 03:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Anybody having any issues yet?......I wish that I could turn off updates... 2c2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Still scared to down load it. But I have not heard anything bad about it

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

It's working well here, but updates drive me nuts....not too many anymore tho.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I haven't used it too much. I stay mostly on my tablet or phone. But from what I have used it doesn't seem that bad.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Listen folks, if I, Liz Streithorst, say that it will work for an idiot it is true.  I say it from experience.  I take first prize for computer idiot.

wsantia1

Works well here. I don't that many updates but I turned off a bunch of stuff when I installed it. Let me see if I can figure out what I did. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 26, 2015, 05:21:49 AM
Works well here. I don't that many updates but I turned off a bunch of stuff when I installed it. Let me see if I can figure out what I did. huh

I did the same Willie....turned a bunch of things off....
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: b125killer on October 25, 2015, 06:56:57 PM
I haven't used it too much. I stay mostly on my tablet or phone. But from what I have used it doesn't seem that bad.

Give it a shot! If Liz and I can do it and be happy with it, anyone can. Right, Liz?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Windows 10's first major update, code-named "Threshold 2," began rolling out on today.

https://rcpmag.com/articles/2015/11/12/windows-10-threshold-2-release.aspx

Dennis

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2015, 06:52:37 AM

Exactly how does one turn things off?  I want to turn a whole bunch of stuff off.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 12, 2015, 03:35:23 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2015, 06:52:37 AM

Exactly how does one turn things off?  I want to turn a whole bunch of stuff off.

If you go to the lower right hand corner of your screen, there is a notification icon. Right click that icon and you will see the following items "Open Action Center" and "Turn On Quiet Hours.

Click on "Open Action Center" and on the lower right corner of that screen click on "All Settings."

On the "All Settings" screen, the top left icon displaying a laptop says "System display, notifications, apps and power". In that section you can turn off most things but especially notifications.

There may be some trial and error but I've managed to eventually turn off those annoying notifications.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I did it.  I sure hope I did nothing wrong...Is there away I can make the widows shopping bag icon and the Amazon icon go away?  There is all sorts if stuff installed on New Faithful that I will never use and would rather not see.

wsantia1

If they are on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen just right click them and check "Unpin this program from the taskbar".
Willie