• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 08:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 597
Total: 597

Saturday's great coffee.....

Started by Mugwump, October 24, 2015, 06:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....what a good cup of coffee...MMmmm.....about 62deg's outside, and that'll be close to our high for the day.....66 ??

..some folks dropping by later this morn'n for fish....then if no rain, we might go over to Sycamore's Pumpkin Fest for a spell..??

..grab your cups....Pot #2 coming up  8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

37 degree here today. I think the low 50s for a high. Coffee is very good so I think I'll have some more. Not much going on today. We have an Oktoberfest gathering later on so until then I'll do some putzing around. Hell before that I may even take a nap. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..Pot #2 is awesome !!!.... |^|

..now to go down and straighten up some things before the guests arrive later.....won't take long tho....it is what it is....LOL

Nap??....dang good idea.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...hey hey.. !!!!!!!....the basement is vac'd up...looks great too....LOL..must have a pound of fish food in the bag trap.... w!w
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 24, 2015, 09:46:44 AM
...hey hey.. !!!!!!!....the basement is vac'd up...looks great too....LOL..must have a pound of fish food in the bag trap.... w!w

I've been using a shop vac  in my basement to vacuum the food debris. I think it is too big and I worry that I am going to slam it into a lower level tank. That would be a big problem since most of them are 55s. I need to get one of those small ones.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 24, 2015, 10:31:31 AM

I've been using a shop vac  in my basement to vacuum the food debris. I think it is too big and I worry that I am going to slam it into a lower level tank. That would be a big problem since most of them are 55s. I need to get one of those small ones.

..look around garage sales, Craigslist, etc....I'm using Jan's old one... |^|....perfect for mostly fish food..yada yada...most the ones left out on the curb just need a new belt....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 24, 2015, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 24, 2015, 10:31:31 AM

..look around garage sales, Craigslist, etc....I'm using Jan's old one... |^|....perfect for mostly fish food..yada yada...most the ones left out on the curb just need a new belt....

I just remembered that I have another shop vac in the garage. It's a little smaller (12 v. 16 gallons) but if I take the wheels off it will be even smaller and will not roll into a tank. I need to have that suctioning power of the shop vac to get those flakes off the concrete floor while fresh. When those flakes get wet they are a PITA to get up.
Willie

Mugwump

..company's gone now.....and it's time to chill out a bit.... 8)..instead of holding the temp....it's crashing....big winds....headed down to mid 30's....

time for more coffee... w!w
Jon